Branden Simon

Member Bio
Reaction score
A proposed major development on 670 Niagara St in Welland with a total of six buildings planned from low to high rises.

Renderings from AAA Architects
TjFZ1B8.jpg

401OChx.jpg

G1qbq9I.jpg

0n8I8G6.jpg

I'll take some hope from @ProjectEnd above that we will not have to witness this crayon-creation by some under-trained teens that make KirKor look talented.......... (ok, that's going a bit far) LOL; actually coming to fruition.

Oh look, it's another *very real* project in the Niagara region...
Yeah this is never happening.

I'd be surprised if they allow anything over 6 storeys on this site. The benchmark price for a home in Welland is around $560k-575k and the 3 homes for sale near this development are asking $850k, $899k, and $999k. There's definitely going to be NIMBY uproar for anything other than a low rise development on this site.

June stats from Niagara Association of Realtors

Last edited:
Officially public knowledge now:
670 Niagara Street - Rendering 1.JPG

670 Niagara Street - Rendering 2.JPG

670 Niagara Street - Rendering 3.JPG
670 Niagara Street - Rendering 4.JPG
670 Niagara Street - Site Plan.JPG

670 Niagara Aerial.JPG

1,196 dwelling units proposed, 916 parking spaces provided.

The tallest towers reach 25 storeys now - 84.7 metres.

Gotta applaud the developer's efforts to transition down to the existing 2-storey, single-detached subdivision behind this development by providing 4-storey stacked townhouses as a height buffer.
Link

I could see two 6-8 storey buildings fronting Niagara and a 4 storey that's closer to the residential street behind--Gadsby Ave, with 3 storey stacked townhouses...

but no way in hell are 25 storey towers being built here! (Niagara's largest city, St. Catharines doesn't even have a 25 storey building constructed yet) 🤣

I could see two 6-8 storey buildings fronting Niagara and a 4 storey that's closer to the residential street behind--Gadsby Ave, with 3 storey stacked townhouses...

but no way in hell are 25 storey towers being built here! (Niagara's largest city, St. Catharines doesn't even have a 25 storey building constructed yet) 🤣

They've been inspired by Burnaby.

If downtown Welland had three 25 storey towers and 2,000 units of residential maybe it would no longer look like episodes of 'The Walking Dead' could be filmed there

This site is not the place for something as large. Seaway Mall site could also support this height. They have acres of parking. Even there I think the max height proposed was 16 storeys.

Back