rdaner

Member Bio
Reaction score
I am putting this here as I think it is the largest multiplex proposed so far at 17 units. It would not take many of these to stabilize or even grow the population in a declining census tract of sfh.

IMG_6675.png
IMG_6676.png
IMG_6677.png
IMG_6678.png
IMG_6679.png

Several years ago an entire block of owners on that strip offered their buildings for sale as an easily assembled group, but I don't think there were any takers. That would have been preferable to piecemeal development.

LBL/Choice was charged w/buying up all the properties to the south of No Frills in that block as I understand it.

When they had to rebuild the No Frills they were looking at doing something more substantial, I believe there was one hold out at the time.

A shoppers is going in on that block now.

I tend to think that will be the first large block to get redone and it will kick things off.

The challenge on that parcel is the piped creek running under the parking lot.

Several years ago an entire block of owners on that strip offered their buildings for sale as an easily assembled group, but I don't think there were any takers. That would have been preferable to piecemeal development.
(2014) "A group of homeowners near Coxwell Avenue and Dundas Street East have banded together to try and sell their collective properties.... The area is considered to be a low-rise east end neighbourhood in Toronto and zoning typically allows for one- to three-storey houses or buildings."

(2014) "A group of homeowners near Coxwell Avenue and Dundas Street East have banded together to try and sell their collective properties.... The area is considered to be a low-rise east end neighbourhood in Toronto and zoning typically allows for one- to three-storey houses or buildings."

Well, that was a waste of a DECADE...

(MAY 2014) "We will return with future updates as more information about this land assembly becomes available..."

Back