1579979459666.png

1579979547954.png

rgrfdes.JPG
grewsd.JPG
gnfdc.JPG
wegvwswde.JPG

View attachment 246621View attachment 246620View attachment 246619View attachment 246622

So much for the nice brick detailing and coursing on that red brick mass, looks pretty watered down and value-managed now...

7 Labatt Avenue & 77 River Street

This uniquely positioned project sits between the bustle of downtown and an extensive natural refuge in the Don Valley. It’s right on the edge of Regent Park – whose revitalization, spirit and people exemplify Toronto’s bright future. The project has been designed with great care and intent to strengthen this vibrant and dynamic local neighbourhood. At its heart is our partnership with The Salvation Army, with whom we’re building a new 12,500 square foot branch. The building’s podium will be open and lively with commercial activities thoughtfully curated to welcome and be used by building residents, local neighbours and visitors from further afield. Finally, residents will be serviced by a unique social and wellness focused amenity program.

Estimated Completion: 2025
Partner: Tricon Residential
Design Architect: HOK
Executive Architect: Rafael + Bigauskas Architects
Landscape Architect: Janet Rosenberg & Studio
Interior Design: II BY IV DESIGN

Key Stats:
  • 500,000 square feet over 38-storeys
  • Approximately 90% residential and 10% commercial and community space
  • 558 homes: 301 for-sale condominiums and 257 purpose-built rentals

7LA-header-1024x363.jpg

I had a suspicion that this was going to happen considering how long this remained dormant. Tricon had also removed it from their website for a while now which made me think that their partnership with TAS here was dissolved.

Weird. That address was ripe for a large-scale revamp. It's on the west side of the Don, too... I'm sure someone else will come in and make a proposal soon enough.

Simply that it is already up-zoned and I doubt we would see an additional rezoning application, so the process to get to sales and ultimately construction should be quick.

Gochya. Remember though, the offering has to be in a form that a purchaser or partner wants to take on. If they don't like something about the way it's zoned, you very much would see a minor variance app at the very least.

For sure, I follow. Given how cheap MV's are , it's actually somewhat surprising that they aren't used more.

That said, given how expensive rezoning is, I would expect the price would likely be more impacted, based on the undesirability of the site if this were the case. What's the FSI here? Most of my work is in the Fashion and Ent. Dist. areas, so I am not up to date on the FSI for this area, but 38 storeys seems quite reasonable, so I would expect the FSI is pretty maxed out compared to other by-law precedents in the area.

I am a tenant in the current building that is set to be demolished and I am trying to track down some information about the history of it. I have a timeline of business and things that have been in the building since early 1900's that i have built from the Toronto archives and reference library. I had an engineer friend of mine mention that when this new build process begins, a history report is done to better understand the grounds that it is on. He said that he was able to see a file started in 2014 but that it no longer exists.
Would anyone here know If there is any way to see that report?
Thank you

Back