One of my favourites when this one went up. Thought it set a good precedence for University Ave. Simple futuristic clean style. The new rendition looks complicated. The massing is liveable but the tower is completely disjointed from the original structure.

The amphitheatre makes it look like a library or university building.

Maybe take a cue from the layout of the old Dundas Atrium at Eaton Centre. Didn't it have different levels of larger terraces with lots of plants?

Some "interesting" unit layouts

Screen-Shot-2020-08-29-at-11-45-08-AM.png

Does it say that is in the pre-construction mode but is this project set in motion yet? Thank you. I like the render open corner and space.

Does it say that is in the pre-construction mode but is this project set in motion yet? Thank you. I like the render open corner and space.

What does your question mean? If there is an application to the city, it means the project is in motion. Beyond that, there is no way to know. Development for a project of this scale and complexity is a huge undertaking from financing through to approvals, then making the design actually work from an engineering and mechanical and construction POV, and then moving into construction. The project is in motion but expect a lag time now as we wait to see how the city's planning dept. reacts.

What does your question mean? If there is an application to the city, it means the project is in motion. Beyond that, there is no way to know. Development for a project of this scale and complexity is a huge undertaking from financing through to approvals, then making the design actually work from an engineering and mechanical and construction POV, and then moving into construction. The project is in motion but expect a lag time now as we wait to see how the city's planning dept. reacts.
Thank you, you've just answered my question.

Preliminary Report to the November 10th, TEYCC Mtg.

The one thing that caught my attention, that I hadn't taken note of...............the bulk of parking is to be provided off-site! (don't see that very often)

From the report:

A total of 499 vehicle parking spaces, of which 488 would be located off-site at 40 Murray Street, are proposed as part of the application. A total of 722 bicycle parking spaces (111 short-term and 611 long-term spaces) are also proposed. A total of 6 loading spaces, including 1 Type 'G' loading space, 1 Type 'B' loading space and 4 Type 'C' loading spaces. Vehicular access to a 1-level underground garage would be provided from Orde Street at the south-west corner of the site.

This is 40 Murray: (from Streetview)

1603724206859.png

I'm thinking the proposal is to buy/lease the garage? Or are we talking expansion?

Also 488 spaces is very heavy for a location literally sitting on top of a subway station.

Preliminary Report to the November 10th, TEYCC Mtg.

The one thing that caught my attention, that I hadn't taken note of...............the bulk of parking is to be provided off-site! (don't see that very often)

From the report:

A total of 499 vehicle parking spaces, of which 488 would be located off-site at 40 Murray Street, are proposed as part of the application. A total of 722 bicycle parking spaces (111 short-term and 611 long-term spaces) are also proposed. A total of 6 loading spaces, including 1 Type 'G' loading space, 1 Type 'B' loading space and 4 Type 'C' loading spaces. Vehicular access to a 1-level underground garage would be provided from Orde Street at the south-west corner of the site.

This is 40 Murray: (from Streetview)

View attachment 279052

I'm thinking the proposal is to buy/lease the garage? Or are we talking expansion?

Also 488 spaces is very heavy for a location literally sitting on top of a subway station.

It is apparently owned by OPG (at one point?)

A good number of the existing spots is already spoken for by the hospitals.

AoD

It is apparently owned by OPG (at one point?)

A good number of the existing spots is already spoken for by the hospitals.

AoD

Report shows approx. 1200 parking spaces on site today.

So allocating 488 to this development is just over 40% of supply.

Given the existing utilization by the hospitals I don't wonder if that would be problematic.

I also note with interest from the cited report, that the garage was previously the subject of a vertical addition, making future expansion less likely I should think.

Report shows approx. 1200 parking spaces on site today.

So allocating 488 to this development is just over 40% of supply.

Given the existing utilization by the hospitals I don't wonder if that would be problematic.

I also note with interest from the cited report, that the garage was previously the subject of a vertical addition, making future expansion less likely I should think.

Perhaps the office portion is seeing less need for parking making this possible (especially since MSH is leasing a good amount of space there)?

AoD

Back