View attachment 380765

View attachment 380766

Albert! I have work to do, stop sending me down rabbit holes would you! LOL

So....in reading the article, I read this:

1645135854788.png

Which reminded me that the Final Report had gone to Council in December...............

Which reminded me that there were conditions on that approval....

1645135947698.png

Which then sent to the AIC.......

Wherein I found a Cover Letter uploaded just one week ago:

1645136055615.png

Assuming ECS is satisfied w/the above, that should tie-off the Zoning side.

It appears the wind issue is still pending through the SPA.

I'm late to the game, but I just visited this building today specifically because the sunken courtyard looked interesting. Indeed, it was. So, I'm not so sure how I feel about the redevelopment of that bit. Just tell Timmies to stop plastering their windows with posters that mean their customers can't enjoy the outside view and that would be enough "improvement" for me!

New renderings are added to the database! The only change to the project information is the total unit count decreased from 475 units to 459 units.

The renderings are taken from the architectural plan via site plan approval:

Architectural Plans (2 of 6) - MAY 26  2022-3.jpg

Architectural Plans (2 of 6) - MAY 26  2022-3a.jpg

Architectural Plans (2 of 6) - MAY 26  2022-3c.jpg

Architectural Plans (2 of 6) - MAY 26  2022-3d.jpg

Architectural Plans (2 of 6) - MAY 26  2022-3e.jpg

Green cladding? I'll believe it when I see it.
I mean it's not too far fetched, it fits into Toronto's current trend of dull, boring and soul sucking condo glass. It would probably mean we'd end up with some green glass to fit the bill.

Now if it were yellow, orange, etc. I would certainly share in the skepticism.

I mean it's not too far fetched, it fits into Toronto's current trend of dull, boring and soul sucking condo glass. It would probably mean we'd end up with some green glass to fit the bill.

Now if it were yellow, orange, etc. I would certainly share in the skepticism.
Maybe the glass will be beige so then this will be the opposite of all the beige precast and green glass condos in the city. Soul-sucking, but in a slightly different way!

One new rendering was taken from the architectural plan via Site PLan. Only one rendering is updated in the database.
The total unit count changed from 459 units to 479 units. Finally, the total bike parking changed from 711 bike parking and 664 bike parking.

PLN - Architectural Plans - 1of6 - DEC 1  2022-1.jpg

One new rendering was taken from the architectural plan via Site PLan. Only one rendering is updated in the database.
The total unit count changed from 459 units to 479 units. Finally, the total bike parking changed from 711 bike parking and 664 bike parking.

View attachment 443667

View attachment 443667
Usually I like when places are renewed, but this is one where I wish they'd just leave things alone. The courtyard that's there now is quite pretty and if the Tim Horton's would just stop plastering over their window's with posters, it'd be a great place to sit while looking out at the trees and flowers.

View attachment 443667

Liked the original design a bit more but I imagine this has gone through more engineering and likely a more realistic design. Wonder if that sculptural central pillar still exists.

Thread bump 'cause I don't recall seeing this full height rendering of the teal blue/green residential tower before... from Adamson and KPMB.

Hey, what's up with this rental Kingsett?

Adamson_KPMB_700University_1920x1920_02.jpg

Adamson

EDITED TO ADD: a larger version of the rendering posted earlier by AlbertC looking south at the entire project (from Adamson):

Adamson_KPMB_700University_Vertical-1000x1193.jpg
Adamson

Last edited:

Back