So by incorporating geothermal heating/cooling, they can increase from 108 to 128 units in the same 10-storey building? Am I reading that correctly?

Does this somehow physically allow them to squeeze more in, or is it "Hey, we're doing some envirothing, can we please shrink some units down to fit more in?"

So by incorporating geothermal heating/cooling, they can increase from 108 to 128 units in the same 10-storey building? Am I reading that correctly?

Does this somehow physically allow them to squeeze more in, or is it "Hey, we're doing some envirothing, can we please shrink some units down to fit more in?"
I expect it has nothing to do with the geothermal, and only reflects smaller units being designed in it to bring down the price they'll sell at.

Many of the additional units are on the additional occupiable storey, which was previously the MPH level. There's a repurposing of space going on here, although also some adjustments in the unit layout which is leading to an increase in the total number of units.

Does any one have an idea what’s going on with this site. I don’t any see progress being made.

Does any one have an idea what’s going on with this site. I don’t any see progress being made.

NOAC has still not been issued on SPA

New Docs were last submitted in Oct' 22

The proposed height is currently 11s, @Art Tsai will wish to take note.

Joe Mihevc has been retained to lobby on this one as Nov '23.

New Link:

New minor rendering updated to the database. The storey changed from 9 storey to 10 storey.

Rendering taken from the arch plan. via rezoning submission.

PLN - Architectural Plans 1 of 3 - 72 Perth Avenue_SPA_Architectural Set_IBI Architects_PART1_...jpg

Additional changes:
  • Height increased from 37.95 to 53.55m
  • Total vehicular parking reduced from 45 to 44
  • Total bicycle parking increased from 129 to 212

Looks fine with me. If only Castlepoint Numa can get the ball rolling faster to get this built though. This and the adjacent Neudorfer property at 1439 Bloor St W are in a seemingly eternal battle to see who can be more glacial.
Make of this what you will, but Woodgreen in their letter of support says that the developer is ready to go as soon as they get permits:
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 11.57.30 PM.png

Back