AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto

722 THE QUEENSWAY
Ward 3: Etobicoke-Lakeshore

The application seeks to redevelop the property by demolishing the existing one-storey commercial building and constructing a new eight-storey mixed-use condomimum with 26 residential units, 118 m2 of ground floor commercial space, 5 surface car parking spaces in the rear yard, and 26 bike parking spaces. The proposed building will be constructed from pre-fabricated mass timber with no underground construction.

722q.JPG

Currently this 1 storey building at The Queensway & Rosemeade Ave, one block east of Royal York:

722q2.JPG

722 THE QUEENSWAY
Ward 3: Etobicoke-Lakeshore

The application seeks to redevelop the property by demolishing the existing one-storey commercial building and constructing a new eight-storey mixed-use condomimum with 26 residential units, 118 m2 of ground floor commercial space, 5 surface car parking spaces in the rear yard, and 26 bike parking spaces. The proposed building will be constructed from pre-fabricated mass timber with no underground construction.

View attachment 461309

Currently this 1 storey building at The Queensway & Rosemeade Ave, one block east of Royal York:

View attachment 461310

This looks like a near twin, of this slightly shorter offering on Royal York:

And, @Amare ; you chose this moment to take a positive view on something? Really? You're having us all on! For my comments on this, see my comments on the other one! LOL

This looks like a near twin, of this slightly shorter offering on Royal York:

And, @Amare ; you chose this moment to take a positive view on something? Really? You're having us all on! For my comments on this, see my comments on the other one! LOL
Dont rain on my positive parade!

But wow i didnt catch that at all it's pretty much a duplicate as the 430 Royal York proposal. I'm fine with the commercial space, but yeah they've definitely got to fix the atrocious residence entrance and ground level access because that's looking pretty bad.

Now this is medium density! Glad to see a change from the typical medium-density proposals in the city, which tend to span an entire city block in width and provide nothing to the street front other than an uninterrupted expanse of double-height glass.

Reactions: rbt
Starting to watch these 3 x HALSA sites , now.

newly updated rendering taken from Leader Lane Development's website.

This seems to be the name for these three projects:

230 Royal York
430 Royal York
722 The Queensway

I think it's part of the "Halsa" project - I could be wrong

Screen Shot 2023-12-21 at 3.07.12 PM.png

newly updated rendering taken from Leader Lane Development's website.

This seems to be the name for these three projects:

230 Royal York
430 Royal York
722 The Queensway

I think it's part of the "Halsa" project - I could be wrong

View attachment 529049

Looks better than it did, that's for sure! But I have no earthly idea why they want to apply that banding asymmetrically. It looks goofy. Just do straight columns of it. this is one clear case of trying too hard to be cool; and being less cool for it.

Last edited:
I'm curious as to what financial/regulatory influences would make this developer buy three properties and build midrise's on each? Is building short so much more inexpensive and/or easy to build that it makes the cost of two additional properties tolerable as compared to going for major height on one lot? I understand Mass Timber is only viable up to a certain height but besides that.

Back