Core applied for an FC to increase this to 41 storeys:

File NumberFC-23-128
Application TypeFormal Consultation
Address73 HUGHSON ST N
File Year2023
DescriptionTo develop a mixed-use 41-storey development with a 7 level podium. The 41st storey will be an amenity area. Floors 2 to 40 will be residential, with approximately 500 units. The building will have 4 levels of underground parking. Commercial spaces will b
Proposed Total Residential Units500
That is interesting considering they have a site plan application. Wonder what changed?

4 levels of underground parking will take forever though, especially on such a constrained site.

Nice, that will peak out above the table top skyline some! Excited to see new renders.

They will need an OPA and ZBA here for 41 storeys, and given the City's position on 117 Jackson, it will likely require an OLT appeal.

Don't expect approvals here for a long time as a result. Makes me wonder if Core will get approvals for 30 storeys to start construction and hopes to have the 41-storey approval in hand by the time they reach that level of the building.

They will need an OPA and ZBA here for 41 storeys, and given the City's position on 117 Jackson, it will likely require an OLT appeal.

Don't expect approvals here for a long time as a result. Makes me wonder if Core will get approvals for 30 storeys to start construction and hopes to have the 41-storey approval in hand by the time they reach that level of the building.
This might speak more to how they feel about where 117 Jackson will go at the OLT than anything.

based on the existing drawings which had it as a 104m building at 30 storeys, 41 storeys would put it at around 137 metres, so yes, taller than Landmark Place (121m)
That would be a dream come true and loooooooong overdue!

From what i've heard, this development is well into the permitting phase. Is it possible that they intend on starting construction, say up to the 30th floor and then work on the formal consultation for 41 floors in the background?

From what i've heard, this development is well into the permitting phase. Is it possible that they intend on starting construction, say up to the 30th floor and then work on the formal consultation for 41 floors in the background?
This is absolutely a possibility. They have as-of-right permissions for 30. get building permits for that, and while you do that, try to get an amendment for the extra height.

Back