Yeah, I don't see Hunter station going away. So many buses stop near it coming from the east, west and mountain.
Take it away and then it's a chore to get from the core to the West Harbour station. How many buses are going to get you to it from the core, and how often to they run? And it's a 25 minute walk from Hunter. It'll be inconvenient as hell.
I agree, I hope it remains in services. It just seems to me like keeping it operating is going to be harder to justify now with the Confederation GO station opening. Why run trains to a line that terminates at Hamilton GO Centre, when they could run the same train past West Harbour and on to Confederation.

I agree, I hope it remains in services. It just seems to me like keeping it operating is going to be harder to justify now with the Confederation GO station opening. Why run trains to a line that terminates at Hamilton GO Centre, when they could run the same train past West Harbour and on to Confederation.
Depends how important you think a train station in the heart of downtown Hamilton is. I think it should be quite highly.

oh I live right near it, so I definitely don't want it to stop operating. I just fear it might at some point.
I agree it’s a bit of an operational headache compared to using WH and CNs line in general. But, there’s something about the age and history of access to TH&B that precedes much of GO- it feels like they have an implicit commitment to service this station ad infinatum, even if it isn’t on the radar for modernization atm.

I do wish it would be easier to upgrade service here. No other station has to deal with a tunnel driving up the cost of improvement. Luckily Metrolinx seems to want to upgrade it, albeit on a longer timeframe.

I would probably only be ok with them switching to CNs line (exclusively) if they renovated Liuna Station as an expansion of WH, seeing how much platform space could be reactivated… but there’s still no reason to close this station. I would love for GO to at least consider options for tying back into CNs line further east, though.

Well if budget not a concern, extend the line from Hunter back down to Confederation, and run alternating route of Lakeshore West (Hunter / West Harbour).

I agree it’s a bit of an operational headache compared to using WH and CNs line in general. But, there’s something about the age and history of access to TH&B that precedes much of GO- it feels like they have an implicit commitment to service this station ad infinatum, even if it isn’t on the radar for modernization atm.

I do wish it would be easier to upgrade service here. No other station has to deal with a tunnel driving up the cost of improvement. Luckily Metrolinx seems to want to upgrade it, albeit on a longer timeframe.

I would probably only be ok with them switching to CNs line (exclusively) if they renovated Liuna Station as an expansion of WH, seeing how much platform space could be reactivated… but there’s still no reason to close this station. I would love for GO to at least consider options for tying back into CNs line further east, though.
Well they are actually making significant upgrades to it this summer. Apparently the value of the project is between 20 and 200 million dollars, so not insignificant.

Today:
1000008389.jpg

Back