I really hope something goes up and sorta blocks the parking garage in front of it - ever since that place was demolished in front that whole area has felt so bare..

pictures from this morning:

IMG_3266.jpeg

IMG_3269.jpeg

Addendum: a few more photos from a bit later this morning, including a close up of the glazing.

IMG_3301.jpeg

IMG_3303.jpeg

IMG_3305.jpeg

IMG_3306.jpeg

IMG_3308.jpeg

IMG_3310.jpeg

Starting to peek out from the other side of the GO Centre. I didn’t realize how prominent it would end up being from here — the location of this tower really helps make the downtown feel much closer to the GO Centre, rather than the current state, which is a number of towers that all feel rather distant. I appreciate that about this project.

IMG_3317.jpeg

Last edited:
Makes the Y look rather dismal and gloomy in comparison - hopefully it gets a facelift one day to not look so dark...

Last edited:
Looks like floor 11 being worked on?
That sounds about right. The plans I have for this one are out of date so I am not sure whether the second above-grade slab is being considered a mezzanine or the second storey. If that one is considered a mezzanine, they’re pouring the 10th floor, if it’s considered the second storey, they’re pouring the 11th floor.

Makes the Y look rather dismal and gloomy in comparison - hopefully it gets a facelift one day o not look so dark...
It needs to face the wrecking ball and be rebuilt it's hideous!

That Y is amazing on the inside, and such a huge asset in downtown Hamilton's community despite being by no means state-of-the-art any longer. It needs an exterior renovation and facelift for sure, not the wrecking ball.

Back