As I noted in this post, previously, I was pleased to see the idea of preserving these trees in the plans, but was concerned the building was just too close to them to make it work.

I pushed for the idea that the building needed to be just 1M further north (away from the trees) to make it work.

The settlement does exactly that!

That's fantastic. Congratulations.

The new rendering updated in the database. The overall height changed from 53.10m to 52.50m.

Rendering taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval:

PLN - Architectural Plans - NOV 28  2022-1.jpg

Hopefully this project will never get built by shear fact that the developers can't seem to make up there minds here...

The new rendering is updated in the database. The rendering is taken from the architectural plan via Rezoning. The total storey count changed from 14 storey to 15 storey. Height changed from 52.50m to 52.70m. Parking changed from 88 parking to 89 parking. Finally, bike parking increased from 279 bike parking to 310 bike parking.

Architectural Plans 1 of 3 - MAY 2  2023-1.jpg

Sigh, they've sucked every ounce of colour out of this one.

Flip it back to red brick and it's mostly ok, there are some issues w/grade-level expression. (what's with the goofy arch at the corner to which I see no other reference in the render?) still...........give me colour back!

Hey all, question for anyone more familiar with the whole process. How long do you think until they start the development? IE kick out tenants and start demolition? And what’s a rough timeline until construction is finished?

Hey all, question for anyone more familiar with the whole process. How long do you think until they start the development? IE kick out tenants and start demolition? And what’s a rough timeline until construction is finished?
No one has answered because there is no standard time on such things.There are just so many variables, that the answer is that this is up to every single developer, and there's no way to guess in advance when it may get going until the developer says it'll happen.

RENX has a story up on the developer here, and some news on timing of this project:

1695327688737.png

Back