So basically the plan for Yonge Street between Wellesley and Gerrard is to build Aura style condos, with each successive project becoming duller and worse. Who would be the developer here, Canderel....again?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

https://twitter.com/DavidOikawa1/status/935987705636446214

DP1LzpmW0AESSpt.jpg:large

*closes laptop immediately*

Carbuncles randomly glommed onto blocky centre mass? Check. Inexplicably stodgy massing? Check. Bland colour scheme? Check. Too busy, frenetic design? Check. Rudely imposing as opposed to elegantly striking? Check.

I’m in the minority, but I don’t think this looks all that bad. Though the image is blurry, it looks like a predominantely curtain wall system with few balconies - the massing also sets this one apart. I’m not counting on any of those details to be evident in the final product, but I’d definitely prefer something like this over another YC.

I’m in the minority, but I don’t think this looks all that bad. Though the image is blurry, it looks like a predominantely curtain wall system with few balconies - the massing also sets this one apart. I’m not counting on any of those details to be evident in the final product, but I’d definitely prefer something like this over another YC.

The design looks a good 10 years old.

So basically the plan for Yonge Street between Wellesley and Gerrard is to build Aura style condos, with each successive project becoming duller and worse.

And Torontonians will continue to buy these dull condos no matter what.

I’m not counting on any of those details to be evident in the final product

Of course not. I can guarantee you right now this project will not use curtainwall. And it will not have the rendered appearance since that level of vision glass is nowhere near acceptable in a new development, and the code is only set to get (much, much) stricter int the coming years.

Uh oh, he's about to make an excuse for poor architecture...

I’d definitely prefer something like this over another YC

andddddd we arrive at the forumer's actual standard for acceptable quality of developments in Toronto.

And it is this cycle of "well at least it's not as bad as ______" continues on for another year of developments in this city.

is it just me or that looks like a huge middle finger?

What about this upsets everyone so much? Is it by G+C? If so the concern about the materials being garbage are very valid. The massing though is interesting. Looks like something you’d find in Chicago.

I am not sure if a fair chunk of the buyers are Torontonians.

AoD

I'm not sure if they're Torontonians or not but I'm willing to guarantee the majority of the buyers won't be living in the building so they don't give a shit. It' snot even top 5 most important factors for investors.

Back