Ay yai yai

20210613_174243.jpg

See........if only they'd said...........it's a Turner Fleischer project, it's a dangerous precedent; many here could have gotten behind this............

LOL

Height is not the issue here.

Nor is dense-ness.

Actually as T-F designs go, this is pretty good for them.

But.....the omission of the corner lot really makes a hash of the idea here.

That's really the key.

I think the rate payers should be given a hefty tax increase if they want the "prestige" of having a low density neighbourhood in an inner suburb. Ah the shear terror mid height buildings inflict on mankind...

Edit My response may have been a little harsh. Looking at Google maps there are single residential properties that back right onto this lot.

Last edited:
Always good to do the "How many Backyard Swimming-Pools will be over-looked by this proposal?" check when figuring-out how well-funded/lawyered the local NIMBY group is...

We aren't expecting for Councillor DMW to ask for (m)any Affordable-Rental units to be included in this 21 storey/636 unit proposal. 🤓

1624551200722.png

I'm not agreeing with the NIMBYism here but I do understand people tend to get upset when they get a wall of condos directly behind them. Maybe the developer should think big and buy up a number of the closest properties and stick stacked towns or a mid rise? My only personal concern is how many more cars versus bus riders are we going to attract here?

New renderings are updated in the database! The total building storey count changed from 21,21 & 9 storeys to 16, 16 & 5 storeys. The total building height also changed form 74.06m, 74.06m & 44.80m to 57.06m, 57.06m & 17.61m. Additionally, the total unit count reduced from 636 units to 492 units. Lastly, the overall parking spaces dropped from 670 parking spaces to 515 parking spaces.

"...the towers drop from 21 storeys (69 metres) to 16 storeys (52 metres), and no longer cast shadows at the end of the day upon the nearest detached homes located to the southeast of the site. Two arms terrace down from 10 and 9 storeys towards the low-rise homes to the south.

The built form of a free-standing building to the southwest has changed completely. Rather than a 9-storey (32 metre) mid-rise building, a 5-storey (15 metre) townhouse block is now proposed. The shorter building will similarly not cast a shadow upon the nearby detached homes.

The number of proposed units drops too, from 696 to 508..."

https://urbantoronto.ca/news/2022/0...es-york-mills-and-leslie-development-proposal

...my assumption is that these folks will STILL appeal it to the OLT... but it's not like our volunteers were ever going to convince DMW to "keep the 21-Storeys in exchange for the developer including 35 x Affordable-Rental Units"...

Back