Between Kipling and Royal York there are 13 buildings alone that I know of coming to market, should be a real shit show for traffic.

Between Kipling and Royal York there are 13 buildings alone that I know of coming to market, should be a real shit show for traffic.
I'm sure the 80 Queensway will be more than able to handle the influx of residents set to move in at its current 30 min headway. If not, the near overcapacity 44, 110, and 76 will be able to pick up the slack ;)

I'm sure the 80 Queensway will be more than able to handle the influx of residents set to move in at its current 30 min headway. If not, the near overcapacity 44, 110, and 76 will be able to pick up the slack ;)
With all the development I’m going to guess that it won’t be a 30 minute frequency any more.

Lol, just 1 building is 845 units, add another 542 units in 4 more buildings, 300 in another, 230 another , 130 in another, plus 600 or so at Kipling and Queensway, old Audi dealership. Life will be fun on The Queensway! ?

Overview of the project pipeline along the Queensway from the UT development map:

Black = Pre/Under construction, Teal = Completed

1581306008075.png

If you ask me, this is the right corridor for intensification. Makes just as much sense as Sheppard given the proximity of the Gardiner, location in-between employment centres downtown and in Mississauga, and availability of developable land.

One issue is that the corridor is lacking proper public transit with its low-frequency bus route. If we were forward thinking, we would built an LRT here and promote high-density development along the corridor.

If you ask me, this is the right corridor for intensification. Makes just as much sense as Sheppard given the proximity of the Gardiner, location in-between employment centres downtown and in Mississauga, and availability of developable land.

One issue is that the corridor is lacking proper public transit with its low-frequency bus route. If we were forward thinking, we would built an LRT here and promote high-density development along the corridor.

Not to worry - our fair city will get to it promptly once the area is fully built out and choking on traffic.

It's definitely a great corridor for intensification, that's a fact that I dont dispute at all.

The problem is the City of Toronto and its pathetic record of providing the supporting infrastructure. There are no improvements anywhere in the horizon for higher order transit but yet we'll just keep jamming in as much density as possible into areas that will end up clogged without said improvements. We can pretty much guarantee that 60-70% of the people who move into these areas will end up using their cars to get around, and since the city wont provide any incentive/alternative to this attractive option, the roads will end up clogged.

The least they could do is protect for some protected/separated bike lanes as developments are proposed, but obviously that hasnt crossed any of the geniuses heads over at City Hall, the Plannning Dept or Transportation Dept.

It's definitely a great corridor for intensification, that's a fact that I dont dispute at all.

The problem is the City of Toronto and its pathetic record of providing the supporting infrastructure. There are no improvements anywhere in the horizon for higher order transit but yet we'll just keep jamming in as much density as possible into areas that will end up clogged without said improvements. We can pretty much guarantee that 60-70% of the people who move into these areas will end up using their cars to get around, and since the city wont provide any incentive/alternative to this attractive option, the roads will end up clogged.

The least they could do is protect for some protected/separated bike lanes as developments are proposed, but obviously that hasnt crossed any of the geniuses heads over at City Hall, the Plannning Dept or Transportation Dept.

It would be rather nice if the local councilor(s) showed the tiniest bit of foresight or initiative.

Well, it's full steam ahead on the excavation and shoring here!

DSC03165.jpg

DSC03160.jpg
DSC03161.jpg
DSC03163.jpg

In that last shot you can infer how shoring walls are put together: the piles go in first, some excavation takes place, lagging is inserted between the piles, more excavation takes place, lagging is then inserted between the next sections of the piles that have been exposed, rinse, repeat. The construction worker at the right is actually shovelling some loose soil in behind the newly added strips of lagging to firm up the earth behind the shoring wall.

Do I assume that once he's finished that, they'll force down the lagging from above to seal that gap and maybe add one more piece of lagging above?

Back