Site preparation for shoring is now underway. An excavator is on site and working today.

ufuyREL.jpg

Pic taken Mar 5, 2015

4DqIkZT.jpg

Attachments

• 4DqIkZT.jpg
    4DqIkZT.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,871
The cinema tower is so indescribably heinous that this very post should delete itself on pain of contradiction.

Cinema Tower?

address: 21-31 Widmer Street, Toronto
mls zone: C1
developer: The Daniels Corporation
architect: Kirkor Architects Planners, Page + Steele / IBI Group Architects
interior designer: HOK

Last edited by a moderator:
He means having to look at it everyday. aA's office is in that building on the left

Sometimes I like to imagine you folks in real life. Which one of you is secretly peter clewes and which of you are haven't left your basement apartment all winter except to get cheesies from the corner store.

I'm not judging basement dwellers... if I could survive on the odd dorito forage I would. Unfortunately a dog and above ground rent keep me busy.

To stay on topic though... I must say I pass Cinema tower everyday on the way to work and I hate it. More than any other building. Its south side is a bit more palatable but its north side is terrible. What really gets me is that orange strip and the terrible lighting feature, which looks like they spent $78 on at walmart. I cannot wait until Bond blocks part of it from my view.

There's no way in hell I could work at aA--walking by that pos Cheesy Tower would piss me off so much I couldn't function as an artist.

He means having to look at it everyday. aA's office is in that building on the left

I guess UD wouldn't be working @ RAW either whom is also in the same building ;)

I'm not judging basement dwellers... if I could survive on the odd dorito forage I would. Unfortunately a dog and above ground rent keep me busy.

To stay on topic though... I must say I pass Cinema tower everyday on the way to work and I hate it. More than any other building. Its south side is a bit more palatable but its north side is terrible. What really gets me is that orange strip and the terrible lighting feature, which looks like they spent $78 on at walmart. I cannot wait until Bond blocks part of it from my view.

I work nearby and I don't know. Sometimes I like it (I seriously thought about buying a place there) and other times I think it's a giant mess. I guess it depends on the day. Won't take much for Noir to surpass that cluster of condos.

Back