and so it begins!

Scott2.jpg

Attachments

• Scott2.jpg
    Scott2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,014
I wonder if those trees will be preserved too.

Too bad this won't have the 30-40ft atriums that some other condo lobbies have. But maybe I'll reserve judgement until it's open.

Completely agree. I was recently told that the office component will have a three story atrium with shops inside. Apparently the renderings are "gorgeous" and will be released soon.

Last edited:
Interesting point:

The office component here is huge, almost the same square footage of the original building ! I'm going to guess the second largest mixed use development in recent time, second only to MLS (which also has a large office component) ... I'm curious exactly how it'll be incorporated.

Very excited about this one. Personally, I love the stately design and I think it's gonna look great from the Market.

Hey does anyone have the most recent (final) application to the city re this project !!

I ask because walking by, the development board they had didn't mention anything at all about office space ! Just some retail space on the bottom. I really hope the city didn't let them get away with that ...

tweet them - just ask will the spandrel be as low quality shit as what they put on Berczy? (to be honest, that spandrel is embarrassing if you ask me, and the worst I can think of in the downtown in recent builds, anyone know of worse spandrel elsewhere downtown?)

That said, the base of that one is just great, why not continue it up?

It would nice to see more developers want to make a statement of high quality, and set a standard that people would remember them for.

Last edited:

Back