Gee, what happened to this...ill take it a million times over that horrendous junk

image.jpg

lol worst I've seen in a while. do these people even care? I'm amazed Bousfields was willing to write a planning rationale for this thing..

I am imaging the new building had a spire and that it tipped upside down when it fell from the sky and then embedded itself into the Palace Arms. There really is not a word to describe how ugly this proposal is.

One more cheap place to live bites the dust. Some of the residents were former residents of the Gladstone who were moved here. We'll see if Sweeny does anything.

This was a prime block to redevelop with the amount of parking lot. I hope this gets forced into something no higher than 10 storeys considering the surrounding buildings.

But I hold out little hope for a Sweeny building. Wonder if they will bitch and complain about the city per usual?

One more cheap place to live bites the dust. Some of the residents were former residents of the Gladstone who were moved here. We'll see if Sweeny does anything.
What do you mean by "We'll see if Sweeny does anything"? You know they're not the developer, right?

Request for Interim Directions Report: https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2018/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-117058.pdf
Staff do not support the proposal in its current form, particularly in regard to the built form, compliance with heritage policies, and concerns over the loss of affordable housing in the form of dwelling rooms.

This report responds to an application where staff are currently not in a position to provide a Final Report to Council, but which could be appealed to the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal due to a lack of decision during the break in Council's meeting schedule (July to December 2018). City Planning staff will schedule a community consultation meeting and will continue to work with the applicant, tenants, area stakeholders and the Ward Councillor on resolving the matters raised in this report and comments arising through community engagement and the City’s application review process.

A final report is targeted for the second quarter of 2019, if all required materials are submitted in a timely manner and when all outstanding issues have been addressed.

Councillor Joe Cressy hosted a community consultation meeting with City Planning staff to discuss the development proposal for 938-950 King St W on March 18, 2019.

Link to the presentation slides from City Planning staff found here:

Back