There were fireworks? Why has nothing been posted here about the topping off ceremony yet?

From today
20101127044.jpg

20101127055.jpg

20101127060.jpg

20101127082.jpg

20101127108.jpg

That picture just gave me an idea. They should turn that parking lot into a park, and put in a reflecting pool. Quadruple Marilyn!

Also, love the close up of the scooter person.

That picture just gave me an idea. They should turn that parking lot into a park, and put in a reflecting pool. Quadruple Marilyn!

Also, love the close up of the scooter person.

This is a great idea. Hopefully nothing will get built on this parcel of land that would block this beautiful view of these two instant icons.

Probably one of the best looking buildings in Canada.

I can't get enough of these buildings, the eliptical rotation of the floors in both buildings was executed brilliantly. It's the Yin and Yang of modern architecture, and no wonder it came from a chinese architect.
Only few tall buildings in the world fascinated me so much. The last time I was inspired by a tall structure was surprisingly from a chinese architects as well. Similar to Absolut twin towers, I found Hong-Kongs Bank of China disigned by I.M Pei, to be a gorgeous looking building to look at from all angles. And to a lesser degree from recent strucures I have seen, Trump Chicago (The building not the brand). In person, it looked more impressive and imposing than in pictures.
Mississauga joined the architecture big league players.

Rather than a triple Marilyn, maybe this'd be a better pattern for Toronto

slits-cut.jpg

Hey, an Alsop might manage it

This is a great idea. Hopefully nothing will get built on this parcel of land that would block this beautiful view of these two instant icons.

Agreed, they should freeze all other development in Mississauga to preserve the view of these two towers.

Pics or it didn't happen. :p

Oh... It happened....

But I've been asked to not post the pictures...

One more thing...

A few hundred pages back (lol), I stated that it was Premform who organized the concrete pumps for this job but I was incorrect...

It was in deed the builder who got that done...

I stand corrected...

Last edited:

Back