Why didn't they get MAD to also design the podium? I'm just baffled, it's such an epic fail on the part of Cityzen, as far as I'm concerned. Why the hell would they do that? That's what should have been asked in the interview.
They did ask and were refused - Ma pulled a Roark and refused to budge on his vision. The podium was a big concern earlier in the thread and isn't as bad in person as it is from distant, elevated viewing angles. Still - I completely agree it could/should have been better.

They did ask and were refused - Ma pulled a Roark and refused to budge on his vision. The podium was a big concern earlier in the thread and isn't as bad in person as it is from distant, elevated viewing angles. Still - I completely agree it could/should have been better.

Well, wouldn't the tower have been originally designed with the podium? Does anybody have a pic of the original design? Didn't it have a podium for retail? If not, why? I thought it was supposed to have retail right from the start?

I seem to remember that there was no podium in the original design....iirc....just a plaza....

I suppose it was the Mississauga planning dept.'s embrace of the current 'urban' mantra of retail podium at grade which caused them to add it after the fact....just a guess...

Looks like they're starting to fix the bottlecaps. I see lots more clear portions on the level just above the top floor.

Was driving by them on the 403 this evening and noticed that the taller building now has the "warning red lights" on the top of it, to show the height to low flying aircraft. Interesting that it's the only building in MCC to have this. Then again, it is the tallest building in the city isn't it?

Was driving by them on the 403 this evening and noticed that the taller building now has the "warning red lights" on the top of it, to show the height to low flying aircraft. Interesting that it's the only building in MCC to have this. Then again, it is the tallest building in the city isn't it?

Being the tallest building in Mississauga does not meet the needs for these lights, consider the ceiling for buildings is 125 floors in this area.

It will be used as a glide path, since planes take off over this area for the past few years and seen a few come in that way.

Plane are supposed to a few 1,000's feet high as they passover the area.

True.. the height requirements for those lights also change as you get closer to the airport as every mult-story building near the airport has them. But it is interesting to see Absolute having them.

from today
20111022013.jpg

20111022014.jpg

20111022010.jpg

20111022048.jpg

20111022050.jpg

Going by the building today, the railing is up to about the 8th floor, but none are completed.

As for the change in the cap, I don't see anything different than it was months ago.

Would not be surprise to see the hording come down in the next few weeks along Burnhamthorpe, as most of that corner is completed, except for the wall siding.

Given the amount of empty land in the city core without making Sq One mall smaller and taller, you can put 300,000 people in this area with no problem.

All we got to do is build a transit system to move the incoming residents and employment.

As for the next 10 years view, that depends on who the mayor is as well who is on council.

Love Absolute.. But I still really like One Park for it's Gotham City look to it. :cool:
I have a friend who refers to it as "The Bat Building", as it has those pokey ears at the top when viewing from east or west. I don't mind the building, but with so many peaks or point towers in the area, I'll be happy when we have some more boxes to balance things out.

Back