and does this include beloved McVeigh's? I think I've had many a good wee pint there

Here are the current properties included for this development. Not exactly defined yet, but looks like this could either be the properties on the block that surround McVeigh's (124 Church) or possibly also include it.

120 Church is the aptly named 120 Diner, and 59 Richmond St E looks to be the parking space west of McVeigh's.

114 CHURCH ST
120 CHURCH ST
59 RICHMOND ST E

http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4270835&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

and does this include beloved McVeigh's? I think I've had many a good wee pint there
I would say that their days are numbered and that they will be under great pressure to sell. Their property at the corner of Church and Richmond (124 Church) risks being 'isolated' and becoming too small for development because the parking west of them on Richmond (59 Richmond) appears to be part of this plan.

mcv.JPG

Attachments

• mcv.JPG
    mcv.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,043
They've been under pressure to sell for over a decade now - they are in no rush

Certainly they would know they've been surrounded, and sterilized, so if they aren't selling now, they simply aren't interested in cashing in, ever.

Attachments

• 114_Church_render_1.jpg
    114_Church_render_1.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 1,001
  • 114_Church_render_2.jpg
    114_Church_render_2.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 947
  • 114_Church_render_3.jpg
    114_Church_render_3.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 975
Interesting gamble on the lack of setbacks from the unowned property on the corner. A similar play didn't work out for the proponents of 412 Church Street a couple of years ago...

It was largely about heritage, yes, but the issues were voiced in terms of how the new building spoke (or didn't) to the older one. Issue was also raised that things could have been solved if 418 Church had been acquired by the party - since no attempt was made, this was seen as acting in 'bad faith' and the whole proposal came crashing down.

As I understand this situation, people have been trying to acquire the corner building for years without success. Not sure if the attempts would be perceived as evidence enough that Madison is acting in good faith but since those conversations are private, we'll have to see.

Nice to see Richmond has become a 2-way street in one of those renders

Yeah, that self-driving Porsche is going to scare some renderfolk to the left of frame.

although there is that renderdude on the right who may already be picturing some major defragging to come…

Back