Toronto Model 07-29-24 Alias.png

^ ugh to that tower cladding. Just keep it black like the floors below... idiots.

Does Madison have a dept. dedicated to procuring nice Teeple designs... and then messing them up with crap cladding?

It drives me nuts that the heritage building at the corner wasn't included. How is it going to get restored to its former glory now??

I'm with @maestro here, I'm glad it's separate. Keep blocks as fine-grained as possible. Assemblies, while necessary, are almost always detrimental to the pedestrian experience.

Agreed.

I don't recall if Madison was among those to put in an offer on the corner site, I assume they were, I know they had offers over the years.

It's a real curiosity that they didn't sell.

I would add, that while I agree w/you and @maestro I would add, that larger assemblies wouldn't harm the pedestrian experience as much as they often do, if architects and developers in this town would design better podiums and retail spaces.

The loading areas are an impediment in need of addressing, but even w/them, we could do so much better, on average, than we typically see.

The best intended podiums and facade still come across as podiums and facades on closer inspection.

Planning can incentivize developers to purchase heritage buildings and restore them keeping them independent of tower development. There aren't any binding parking minimums where digging wider and shallower than narrower and deeper is preferred. It still wouldn't make any sense for Madison to have purchased this building and not incorporate the facade into a larger structure with the approved 20 times lot coverage and height envelopes being everyone's greatest concerns about development.

Last edited:
Agreed.

I don't recall if Madison was among those to put in an offer on the corner site, I assume they were, I know they had offers over the years.

Its a real curiosity that they didn't sell.

I would add, that while I agree w/you and @maestro I would add, that larger assemblies wouldn't harm the pedestrian experience as much as they often do, if architects and developers in this town would design better podiums and retail spaces.

The loading areas are an impediment in need of addressing, but even w/them, we could do so much better, on average, than we typically see.
You don't make money that way...

Back