Site Plan Approval application submitted Dec. 6:

Development Applications

Updated project description:
Site Plan Approval for a 7-storey mixed-use building having a non-residential gross floor area of 409.1 square metres, and a residential gross floor area of 5620.50 square metres. 50 residential dwelling units are proposed.

Document time, not promising. Feels like a poorly thought out rendition of Quadrangle's Idea.

Daffodil Developments

Square Vis Architects

1639727398345.png

1639727175080.png
1639727527737.png

Jeez - that design a result of all the required setbacks? I can only imagine how much simpler/cheaper this building would be if Toronto allowed for more height against Neighbourhoods.

Now under the name Angular Condos (seriously) - there's some new banners on the perimeter fence around the site. Updated Arch drawings from March on the city site.

View attachment 408136
I wonder who stood up at the design meeting and was like "YEAH, hit em with the grey, that will really make this bad boy pop!"

This site is just humming along, LOL

Photos taken July 20th, 2022:

DSC08661.JPG

DSC08662.JPG

DSC08663.JPG
DSC08664.JPG

A quick check shows the demo permits for those last 2 properties are still languishing in process; and no building permits yet issued.

New renderings are updated in the database. The developer changed from Verton Developments to Daffodil Developments. The architect changed from BDP Quadrangle to Square Vis Architects Inc. Total storey count changed from 10 to 7 storey. Overall height changed from 38.71m to 29.21m. The total unit count changed from 111 units to 50 units. Finally, total parking spaces were reduced from 86 parking to 65 parking.

Rendering taken from the architectural plan via Site Plan Approval:

PLN - Architectural Plans - JUN 21  2022-660.jpg

PLN - Architectural Plans - JUN 21  2022-661.jpg

Depending upon the finishings and execution I rather like this proposal. Kudos to the developer/designer/architect for designing 'outside the box'

Hi, they have dropped an excavator at the property, I see Demo approved is 1007 Broadview Ave others are "Under Review"

Anyone know where they are at?

Back