7A0E3128-4D2F-4CD1-AD5F-7B81F3277083.jpeg
38E329DB-35B2-467B-B4A1-19FD3B411147.jpeg
D6624E4A-A2AD-47A2-9271-B23D88B242B4.jpeg
4B73EFCB-43CC-4F05-BD55-E65333E8E123.jpeg
CC820005-56CA-4BB1-A641-FAFF53190376.jpeg

Does anyone know the status of the planned affordable housing project right next to Aquabella? It seems the two buildings are super close to each other based on the master plan.

Does anyone know the status of the planned affordable housing project right next to Aquabella? It seems the two buildings are super close to each other based on the master plan.
There will be a two-way street separating it with Aquabella. That building hasn't even started the city review/planning process. Last time I chatted with the Tridel sales team, they were just as egger to find out as it affects their current sales/decor office on that site.

There will be a two-way street separating it with Aquabella. That building hasn't even started the city review/planning process. Last time I chatted with the Tridel sales team, they were just as egger to find out as it affects their current sales/decor office on that site.
Thx, who knows how long it will take for that to happen, I guess the covid situation will only prolong that process, the city will need funding to build it.
Imho, very counterintuitive to plan a small affordable housing project there just to be politically correct.

Thx, who knows how long it will take for that to happen, I guess the covid situation will only prolong that process, the city will need funding to build it.
Imho, very counterintuitive to plan a small affordable housing project there just to be politically correct.
It’s actually a decent size considering the massing of the surrounding buildings and the % commitment for Bayside. It will compliment the affordable housing that is part of Aquavista next door and whatever Sidewalks dreams up (TBD...).

It’s actually a decent size considering the massing of the surrounding buildings and the % commitment for Bayside. It will compliment the affordable housing that is part of Aquavista next door and whatever Sidewalks dreams up (TBD...).
Ok, obviously I am not an urban planning expert...

I have high hopes for the whole area to be the future model urban community. I lived in Vancouver for many years and witnessed the development of the expo 86 land to Yale town+ false creek area. Hope the city and all stakeholders wont screw it up here.

I'm curious to know where in the design process the white cladding turned into grey cladding (and, given your record on the cladding front, I'm casting a judgmental eye at you, Tridel).

I'm curious to know where in the design process the white cladding turned into grey cladding (and, given your record on the cladding front, I'm casting a judgmental eye at you, Tridel).
That is not grey cladding. That is the under-pad for the white cladding (has yet to be applied). You can read further details on this front earlier in the thread.

Last edited:
Pretty sure we're seeing both under-pad (left) and final cladding (extreme right):

1588631705431.png

(photo from thread above)

Pretty sure we're seeing both under-pad (left) and final cladding (extreme right):

View attachment 244128
(photo from thread above)
No, you are wrong. That grey cladding you're seeing are the panels that were rendered to be darker, the white cladding hasn't been applied yet. I suggest looking at the renders or read earlier in the thread before casting judgement.

No, you are wrong. That grey cladding you're seeing are the panels that were rendered to be darker, the white cladding hasn't been applied yet. I suggest looking at the renders or read earlier in the thread before casting judgement.

I've been following this thread fairly closely and have never seen the rear of the building rendered, I can't find this project on the AIC so can't consult any references to the use of darker cladding on that side of the building, and I'm casting judgment on Tridel because they have a well documented track record of opting for shitty cladding on many of their projects (but many thanks, of course, for the misplaced smarminess).

I've been following this thread fairly closely and have never seen the rear of the building rendered, I can't find this project on the AIC so can't consult any references to the use of darker cladding on that side of the building, and I'm casting judgment on Tridel because they have a well documented track record of opting for shitty cladding on many of their projects (but many thanks, of course, for the misplaced smarminess).
You're incorrect. The renders are available in the city planning documents. It took me 5min to dig them up. Circled is the cladding you think is the white cladding, which is a dark grey, but ended up being a medium shade of grey – likely to lighten up the overall building footprint. I will reiterate again, they've not introduced the white cladding that spans up the north and east sides (which will continue to wrap around the balconies, creating the shadowbox design).

I hope this helps clear up your mistake.

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 7.16.52 PM.JPG
Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 7.16.59 PM.JPG

Back