Wide shot of Bayside and more as seen from a kayak in Toronto's inner east harbour. Condos include Monde, Aqualina, Aquavista, Aquabella, Aqualuna as well as Pure, Spirit, Clear Spirit and Gooderham (Distillery District), Canary District condos and River City 3 (West Don Lands).

20200802_121418.jpg

Last edited:
I've been watching this closely and I really wish we had an option in the neighbourhood other than Loblaw-owned stores. Maybe Farm Boy can be enticed now?

I've been watching this closely and I really wish we had an option in the neighbourhood other than Loblaw-owned stores. Maybe Farm Boy can be enticed now?

Farm Boy is opening up at York and QQ so I doubt it. There’s an Italian place coming to Daniels.

Farm Boy is opening up at York and QQ so I doubt it. There’s an Italian place coming to Daniels.
Well, there have been ads on the windows saying so since summer 2019 but no work has been done for MANY months, I think since pre-covid. I suspect that project is dead.

Has anyone noticed a raw sewage smell around Sherbourne Commons and these condos? I noticed this smell all summer on my walks to sugar beach, and again over the last few weeks. I recently reported this to 311, but doubt I'm the only one whos noticed, especially with how busy the parks were this summer. Anyone live in the condos? Can you shed some light on this? Has the raw sewage smell always been around?

Has anyone noticed a raw sewage smell around Sherbourne Commons and these condos? I noticed this smell all summer on my walks to sugar beach, and again over the last few weeks. I recently reported this to 311, but doubt I'm the only one whos noticed, especially with how busy the parks were this summer. Anyone live in the condos? Can you shed some light on this? Has the raw sewage smell always been around?
I think there is an 'emergency sewer overflow" in that region and that the current work on the sewage infrastructure on the Waterfront is designed to get rid of it and others like it. The new sewage pumping station @ Cherry & Lake Shore is the final (?) component of this in the eastern section and WT are also about to add some piping (and a new 'deck') just south of Sherbourne Common. I think 'relief is in sight".

See: https://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/nbe...endumreport_final_reduced_1_1.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Last edited:
I think there is an 'emergency sewer overflow" in that region and that the current work on the sewage infrastructure on the Waterfront is designed to get rid of it and others like it. The new sewage pumping station @ Cherry & Lake Shore is the final (?) component of this in the eastern section and WT are also about to add some piping (and a new 'deck') just south of Sherbourne Common. I think 'relief is in sight".

See: https://www.waterfrontoronto.ca/nbe...endumreport_final_reduced_1_1.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

I was thinking it was a combined sewer outfall. Weird though, I've been visiting this park for years, and it's only this summer I noticed the stench...

Also this video if you’d like to understand the scale of the project:

I know for sure that the Coxwell bypass tunnel and the new outflow system is being built. Not sure about the other components.

I think the Bayside sewer overflow fix was put on hold due to COVID. Not sure when it will be addressed now. Might be a few more years of stinky air in this area.

Back