Aug 18th

IMG_5925.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5925.JPG
    IMG_5925.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 864
Great window wall. Too bad aA is the worst architecture firm in Toronto and all their buildings look exactly the same. (Rolls eyes)

How is that great window wall? It is gray and clunky. Window wall, in general, almost always looks cheap and inelegant (HP’s Five, being a rare exception).

How is that great window wall? It is gray and clunky. Window wall, in general, almost always looks cheap and inelegant (HP’s Five, being a rare exception).
Because it has full panes of glass with no unnecessary cost-saving mullions. Spandrel is minimal. This is definitely good window wall.

For an example of bad window wall, check out to Yonge and College (gags). This is undoubtedly quality window wall

For an example of bad window wall, check out to Yonge and College (gags). This is undoubtedly quality window wall
Fair enough. It might be quality window wall, but window wall is, by definition, the anthesis of high end quality. What I meant is that it basically never looks great; though it can be much worse than what is going up, here. Even still, why not go with black framing? I just can basically never get excited by window wall, no matter how it is executed. It feels like a letdown.

Last edited:
Fair enough. It might be quality window wall, but window wall is, by definition, the anthesis of high end quality. What I meant is that it basically never looks great; though it can be much worse than what is going up, here. Even still, why not go with black framing? I just can basically never get excited by window wall, no matter how it is executed. It feels like a letdown.

I agree that black framing tends to look better, but if you look up the street to E condo, the sleekness of the black framing is sabotaged by the light spandrel that was used. Ultimately in my opinion, it’s the poor choice of spandrel along with busy mullions due to small glass panes that ruin a building’s aesthetic. I don’t see any of those at play here, which is why I’m not bothered by the window wall.

Sep 1 Update

Floor 15 concrete is complete, starting on Floor 16.. 2 more floors and the podium will be built..

Glass being installed on Floors 6-8..

Interior colour selection complete for Floor 8.. Materials ordered..

upload_2018-9-2_12-45-44.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-2_12-45-44.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-2_12-45-44.jpeg
    385.1 KB · Views: 618

Back