Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
City:
Toronto
86 Dundas Street East, Mississauga, 33 storeys

From Urbanation: http://twitter.com/urbanation

465119302.jpg

I'm not sure if shifting the retail from being next to a parking lot to being next to roaring traffic will help much... Hopefully if they get a dedicated ROW for LRT/BRT and maybe a landscaped median like in NYCC that would lessen the effect of all the traffic.

This makes it the tallest proposed tower for the area so far and sure council will kill the height of it.

There is or has been 10 proposal within a block on either side of Hurontario St in the last 12 years that I know of and not one has been built so far.

Over at Confederation there is a plan for an 18 storey condo and 200? townhouses that has been approved by the city to the point they tore down that 9 storey office building. No sign of any sales office to date.

About 10 years ago, there was a plan for a condo tower behind that office tower and never met the sales requirement and die.

Across the street there are 2 proposed development and have not seen the day of light so far. Metro Condo is another dead project a street north.

The south-east corner was to see a tall tower, but council kill it.

I would be very surprise to see any tall building in this area over the next 10-15 years until the city centre is built out.

That restaurant has change hands too many times over the past 10 years. It has been close for sometime for remodeling and haven't been over there in months to see if it has open up.

This whole area can be an Yorkville south, with the ward councilor saying it will house more people than the city centre over time.

Last edited:
What is Yorkville south ?

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reasons, Council/Councilors have started to use the name for the Eglinton/Hurontario area as Yorkville North as well Midtown North and this area as Yorkville South/Midtown South/Cooksville.

It should stay Cooksville, since this is part of the original Cooksville Village in the first place.

Given the facts that every plan development for this area has fail to get off the ground or even having a sales office, how will this project be able to do it when the others have fail so far?

Given the flack that took place for Eglinton and Hurontario area for height, you may only get 25 floors, even though it should be higher.

Considering this area is to be a major hub, its not going to happen until the so call downtown area is built out and there is an BRT/LRT on Dundas to Kipling.

I know the Ward councilor wants to see this kind of development, but it's the rest of councilor who don't, as well the NIMBY folks.

It's still a Ho Humm building.

Back