Rendering of Atria IV

To recap, Dorsay Development Corporation purchased a 50% interest in the office complex known as Atria I, II and III in 2005. This office complex is located on a 22 acre parcel of land. There was 6.12 acres of land on the site which was available for future development. Dorsay and its joint-venture partner successfully received Official Plan Approval for mixed use development on this parcel of land. From the website http://www.dorsay.ca/html/project-low-atria.html

Attachments

• atria-1.jpg
    atria-1.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 641
  • atria-2.jpg
    atria-2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 630
Good find kramer !! here's more from Dorsay's website:

Dorsay Development Corporation purchased a 50% interest in the office complex known as Atria I, II and III in 2005. This office complex is located on a 22 acre parcel of land. There was 6.12 acres of land on the site which was available for future development. Dorsay and its joint-venture partner successfully received Official Plan Approval for mixed use development on this parcel of land

atria-r11.png
atria-r4.png
atria-r0.png
atria-r10.png

It sure would*, and right now this very tired area is begging for this revitalization.

* Ford is proposing to get rid of the land transfer tax city-wide... to apply something similar, but which would have to be far more onerous along Sheppard? We'll see how that goes...

This area as potential, there's a lot of offices around here (though they have some of the highest vacancy rates in the GTA i.e. around 12-15%) Maybe this is what the area needs to make it more attractive. A ton of new condos, hopefully they keep some land for new offices but there hasn't been a proposal in decade+.

This application was reviewed by the Design Review Panel on April 19 2011

Vote: Refine – 0; Redesign - 5

2205SheppardEast.jpg

These buildings sure remind me Tridel's Accolade condominiums (by Burka Varacalli)

Is it just me or is Tridel trying to name all of their projects beginning with the letter "A"?

I noticed the recent trend too .... Avani @ Metrogate, Aristo @ Avonshire, Argento ... and now Alto @ Atria

last I understand, 3 towers with a podium building along Sheppard ??

Back