Picture from the Laundry Design on the work at Ciao Bella, and a good view of 75 James S. Also thought I'd share what I heard from Steve about how they achieved the continuous exterior brick on these buildings:

Steve provided me a great response into my question about this:

"Brick ran continuously has to be supported quite frequently, as in the weight can’t continue to compound on its self. We put steel behind the brick regularly to alleviate the issue but in a way that is hidden. It requires a lot more labour because we need to think of ways to hide the steel and still keep even mortar joints. Sometimes the solution is to shave or cut the back of the brick to accept the steel and keep the facade consistent."
1000009062.png

That hanging fabric doesn't look like it's gonna be fun to clean lol..

Also not entirely sold on that white tile esp. since they didn't line it up evenly.. although that seems to be more of a manufacturer issue of them not lining up properly.. weird..

oh wait no they probably do but the mortar joints are causing them to go off.. what a conundrum..

That hanging fabric doesn't look like it's gonna be fun to clean lol..

Also not entirely sold on that white tile esp. since they didn't line it up evenly.. although that seems to be more of a manufacturer issue of them not lining up properly.. weird..

oh wait no they probably do but the mortar joints are causing them to go off.. what a conundrum..
Yeah imagine the dust collecting on that hanging wavy ceiling motif whatever it's called after 6-8 months?

Agreed on the tile. Hopefully it looks better when it's open.

Overall very nice to have high-end restaurants in Hamilton, even if I'm not the clientele 😆
I do love the warm wooden arches, the high bar, and those trees enveloping the seating. Very chique

Yeah they really nailed the brick-warehouse aesthetic. Just plaster these buildings all over the city please.

edit: unrelated thought but it would have been neat if they had acquired the 2 storey pub, left if in place but linked the 2 buildings some distance over top of it.

Yeah I was originally iffy about the black balconies but it helps to dull the minds association with them so you only focus on the brick part - while I still like the other 2 they built in this block better this one has grown on me somewhat.

This block does give a nice old hamilton vibe though and I think it's probably, at least podium wise, what the majority of hamilton would PREFER to see given our wealth of victorian era buildings.

Last edited:

Back