This morning:

IMG_3343.jpeg

IMG_3345.jpeg

IMG_3347.jpeg

At just 9 storeys, this final/ corner phase is firmly in the mid-rise category rather than high-rise, but because of the elevation it sits at up the bottom portion of the escarpment, it is becoming visible from lots of different angles around the city. The design flavouring the lower levels brick with slightly recessed and darker glass upper floors also really effectively enhances the human-scale impression of the building from street level or birds-eye level.

410969473_1421953635367842_2056175064559660455_n.jpg

Yea. “Winter” traditionally refers to Q1 of the year too, so it’s really not accurate. I wonder if they meant 2024?

Businesses like Restaurants are always wayyy overly optimistic on opening dates in general.

Lol that pic almost looks like the lit part is 3 stories tall inside ceiling wise..

wonder when they're gonna install the faux awning and if it will actually work to block any sun or if it's just decorative..

also hrmm.. shouldn't the baseboards be put on AFTER the floor finish is installed? Never seen them put on first before.. although maybe they'll put the "finishing " sorta beveled smaller molding down around the perimeter after to cover that up, as molding is generally meant to cover up any jagged edging of where the floor meets the wall...

Last edited:
Lol that pic almost looks like the lit part is 3 stories tall inside ceiling wise..

wonder when they're gonna install the faux awning and if it will actually work to block any sun or if it's just decorative..
When you say faux-awning, what do you mean? From what I could tell it was planned to be a solid piece so, just an awning. Did the plans show it having gaps?

When you say faux-awning, what do you mean? From what I could tell it was planned to be a solid piece so, just an awning. Did the plans show it having gaps?
I meant faux as in I don't think the awning is actually meant to block the sunlight - I think it's just there to be decorative.

t2nMmWmh.jpg

Eh.. maaybe - but its not a traditional awning by any means - as those were fabric and could be rolled in and out, so I suppose it's faux either way..

Not that we can go by renders regardless- what they show as solid isn't usually ever actually solid. They'll probably have them in pieces that interlock somehow.. like lego..

At least they refrained form putting the connectors in the middle of the stone lintels like they had in the proposed design...

Last edited:

Back