Before it goes I want to go back there and get some pictures of it. It looks like it was the basement of some long-ago demolished building, but I've never been able to find any information about it (or why the upper floors were removed but the basement was left standing)

I am willing to confess, regardless of the loss of face, that I was, and I still am, a doom and gloomer.

According to the purchase agreement, Canderel had till September 2011 to decide to start the construction of the project. Further, the project will be considered to have started only when it reaches 1 level above grade.

I have heard of quite a few of disappointed souls whose projects were cancelled only to be revived a few months later with higher selling prices. I did not wish that to happen to me.

I've heard this will be capped at the ground, so in essence, the parking lot will just be repaved.

More equipment and trailers arrived today.

aura07.jpg

I'm sorry, this is a touch off topic but I have to ask: what's wrong with the Delta?

I quite like the rugged beast.

Anyway: Aura! Yay!

I'm sorry, this is a touch off topic but I have to ask: what's wrong with the Delta?

I quite like the rugged beast.

Anyway: Aura! Yay!

What's to like about it? I doesn't get much more banal and drab than the Delta. It's one of those buildings that remind me of how far Toronto still has to go, while other buildings like AURA point to evidence that a downtown wide upgrade is well under way.

I like the barbecued bison ribs at the Delta restaurant though. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I like the Sheraton Centre on Queen. That's the height of concrete slabness in my opinion - one of a number this city is lucky to have. They provide a lovely contrast to all the shiny new glass towers.

So if someone appreciates the Delta for the same reason, I say let them enjoy it.

I like the Sheraton Centre on Queen. That's the height of concrete slabness in my opinion - one of a number this city is lucky to have. They provide a lovely contrast to all the shiny new glass towers.

So if someone appreciates the Delta for the same reason, I say let them enjoy it.

Two different buildings, the Delta is more of a shorter 70s commie apartment slab turned hotel. I say get rid of it...no love lost.

Though there's a certain hyper-intense-futuristic-MGM-Grandness to the perpendicular Delta Chelsea slabs as viewed from the court to the SE...

Though there's a certain hyper-intense-futuristic-MGM-Grandness to the perpendicular Delta Chelsea slabs as viewed from the court to the SE...

I don't have an aversion to concrete slabs. I love Manulife, but don't see similar redeeming characteristics in the Delta. I do like the perpendicular quality of the Delta, but perhaps they should tear the Delta down and build the Los Angeles Ritz/Marriott in its place. :)

DSC02007Large.jpg

DSC02014Large.jpg

DSC01998Large.jpg

Last edited:
Digging!

They are digging!

Really? No shoring first? Unless the lot previously had shoring installed for some other proposal that isnt coming to mind (could be the case, I can think of a half dozen parking lots around the city that have shoring along at least a couple sides

The Delta is a converted apartment slab (at least the old half) and possibly even a converted student appartment slab. I wouldn't go so far to claim it reminds me Toronto has so far to go since it wasn't built yesterday but, it's not a building I would cry over if it disappeared.

Back