A tip for condo buyers in tall towers, luckily for me my wife picked up on this. You may be able to renegotiate a parking spot nearer ground before everything gets all fixed. Its a pain when you're 5 levels down. I learned that when I rented a condo at College Park for a brief period.

A tip for condo buyers in tall towers, luckily for me my wife picked up on this. You may be able to renegotiate a parking spot nearer ground before everything gets all fixed. Its a pain when you're 5 levels down. I learned that when I rented a condo at College Park for a brief period.

Key word in your post is .."may be..'.

I live in RoCp1 and I have a parking spot on P6 level -- 1 level below where you were parking your car. Purchase agreement clearly stated that parking spot will be assigned at the discretion of developer.

In AURA, I was offered a guaranteed spot on P2 or P3 level for an extra $ 10,000. I took up the offer. I paid a total of
$ 40,000 for a parking spot. In the new developments, parking spot now costs more than $ 40,000.

Thanks for the information, very interesting. Ouch, the parking spot costs more then some people's cars!

Yeah, but I can't get my spot up to 204 km/h. (Professional driver. Closed course. Do not attempt.)

Yeah, but I can't get my spot up to 204 km/h. (Professional driver. Closed course. Do not attempt.)

You have a very valid point. However, you have an option. Get a DVD player, a race car movie and a projector from COSTCO. Project the movie on to the wall in the front and off you go.

`
auramp.jpg

Thanks for the picture, Androiduk.

Can anyone with knowledge of construction tell me as to what is being constructed now? I thought Canderel will go deep down -- 6 levels -- construct parking/parking ramp and come up from there.

Last edited:
They are building the permanent garage entrance to COllege Park. They can't dig all the way down and then build back up, because then College Park would not be able to get their deliveries. So they are building what will eventually be a bridge for a period of time, while they are excavating under it.

Remember one thing. Parking lot is forever. Car is good only for a certain number of years.

Too bad you can't live in a parking space -- just park a VW camper van in a spot and call it home! ...maybe for visiting in-laws.

They are building the permanent garage entrance to COllege Park. They can't dig all the way down and then build back up, because then College Park would not be able to get their deliveries. So they are building what will eventually be a bridge for a period of time, while they are excavating under it.

Thanks.

Too bad you can't live in a parking space -- just park a VW camper van in a spot and call it home! ...maybe for visiting in-laws.

You seem to be married to a very understanding wife. You are one lucky soul.

Last edited:
I used to know a guy that lived in his car (one of those old Nissan Stanza Wagons from the mid-80s) in a garage in an alley off of Kensington Market. He lived like that for at least a decade. Interesting character (an artist) and an interesting lifestyle.

Key word in your post is .."may be..'.

I live in RoCp1 and I have a parking spot on P6 level -- 1 level below where you were parking your car. Purchase agreement clearly stated that parking spot will be assigned at the discretion of developer.

In AURA, I was offered a guaranteed spot on P2 or P3 level for an extra $ 10,000. I took up the offer. I paid a total of
$ 40,000 for a parking spot. In the new developments, parking spot now costs more than $ 40,000.

Oh, dear. I live there too, but I rent... and I have a P1 spot close to the building entrance. It's useful when I rent a car! ;-)

It's a nice building, but it's not worth the market price. If I bought my unit, I would have to put $240,000 down so it wouldn't cost me more than it does now. No thank you!

12-06-10_1505.jpg

12-06-10_1504.jpg

12-06-10_1503.jpg

12-06-10_1502.jpg

12-06-10_1501.jpg

12-06-10_1500.jpg

a couple more pictures from this weekend on my cellphone

Back