very very very nice! ^^^. I'm surprised... this thing is like a mirror!.. Four Seasons has some serious competition ahead of it. IMO, it's a mixture of the four seasons cladding and shangri-la... ON STEROIDS!

aurao13.jpg

I will gladly accept this kind ^^^ of spandrel paneling on a building any day.

Not to rain on the parade....but don't a lot of spandrel happy buildings have non-spandrel podiums? I guess what I'm saying is, do we know if this will be the glass going all the way up?

Very very nice! I quite like it. I doubt the glass will be like this all over the whole building. I would think there will be a mix and match of different styles. I look forward to seeing more.

Wow! Very nice.

As I’ve said before, once complete Aura will be much more impressive then artist renderings currently portray.

Regarding the glass quality, here’s an old quote from the following article:

http://www.collegeparkcondos.com/pdf/media/ANewAuraANewEra_11_25_07_Star.pdf

The Aura design review was initiated by Canderel after its first proposal was rejected by the city in August 2006. Renowned architects Eberhard Zeidler and Rene Menkes were brought in to begin the process. Three more respected names Bruce Kuwabara, Josh Chaiken and Jon Pickard were added later when the panel became a joint process with the city.

Canderel president Michael La Brier says he’s enthusiastic about the finished design, which led to a settlement at the OMB last week. “I would never have used low-iron glass if the panel hadn’t suggested it,” he says. “It’s a more expensive, high-quality glass. It will mean that when you look up from the street, the windows will look very clear and transparent.

Canderel certainly went beyond their comfort zone, choosing such high quality materials for this project. But then again, it is there signature building! :D

Last edited:
Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon and post some photos from yesterday as well:

d684fe4c.jpg

by me

2aad559a.jpg

by me

snapped another one too, the glass is really quite stunning (in my opinion)

vvpw.jpg

whoa...nice. reminds me of a show I saw on Discovery or one of the networks re: Burj Dubai (or whatever they've renamed it to now) where they couldn't get the glass curtain wall right and had to keep going back to the drawing board!!

Very very nice! I quite like it. I doubt the glass will be like this all over the whole building. I would think there will be a mix and match of different styles. I look forward to seeing more.

agree! look forward to it!! i think they may use blue/ silver glass for the upper part tho

Anyone know what this type of app. usually refers to?

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 293741 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Oct 17, 2011

Project: Apartment Building Other Proposal

Description: Request for comments from Transportation Services (ROW Management)

Anyone know what this type of app. usually refers to?

TORONTO ON

Application#: 11 293741 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Oct 17, 2011

Project: Apartment Building Other Proposal

Description: Request for comments from Transportation Services (ROW Management)

It's code for 10 extra floors! :D

No that was here...

TORONTO ON

Application#: 11 228208 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Jun 27, 2011

Project: Multiple-Use Building Addition

Description: Proposal to construct an addition 3 sty's on top of approved 75 sty condo (with commercial at grade). Additonal 48 residential units. AURA AT COLLEGE PARK. 382-388 Yonge St. See active permits under 382 Yoneg St and 388 Yonge St.

Back