A little irony there, that makes this almost as tall as the original 1 Bloor... so we get that 900 ft building after all, but a better one!?!? ..is the current 1 Bloor 75 now?? That would have to push it to 840ish????

the panel looks more white or cream than it does beige to me, but the low afternoon lighting may have also affected my perception of it. If I get there again this weekend I'll take a photo of it hopefully in good light.

Great, thank you. :)

Easy, just ban dogs. No offense to dogs or dog owners intended. Maybe a condo in the heart of the city just isn't the best lifestyle choice for them anyway?

I think all animals should be banned from hi-rises. I live in RoCP2 and my neighbors cat gets out into the hallway on a regular basis and with the building being positively pressurized..... GUESS WHAT? Oh yeah, did I mention I am allergic to cats??

It's a bit annoying.

Ya, let's ban kids too!!! Babies are annoying with their crying and bulky strollers and jezz, kids running down the hall!! Madness!!

The answer is not banning pets, it's strict rules around them. But I don't think this thread should be about rude pet owners.

Can the mods move this to another thread?

Ya, let's ban kids too!!! Babies are annoying with their crying and bulky strollers and jezz, kids running down the hall!! Madness!!

The answer is not banning pets, it's strict rules around them. But I don't think this thread should be about rude pet owners.

Can the mods move this to another thread?

Except that myself and Bayer live in College Park and we are talking about the problems that have developed through lax rules and enforcement.

What is the highest balcony going to be in Aura - one HUGE problem that can be witnessed in the podium between RoCP1 and RoCP2 are the cigarette butts people throw off their balcony. It really is an unbelievable problem. If a butt is tossed off of the 50th floor in a high wind at the corner of Yonge and Gerrard it could land half way to Church Street...

Last edited:
Good to see that the park will get some TLC courtesy of Aura. It's going to be there for a lot of people now.

Seems my remarks about pets were expunged. Dog forbid!

Last edited:
272.33500 meters = 893.487533 feet! Nearly 900 feet at Yonge & Gerrard......amazing.....

yaya! that puts it past New York by Gehry for the tallest condo in North America!.. i wonder if it'll look as tall/if not taller. NY by Gehry looks huge. something about the design

auraj31.jpg

nice pic! something about the cladding in this picture made me think of l tower... weird...

Yeah, I really hope they put it a lot of effort in revitalizing the interior park. Has potential to be a really popular public space, being located in a very central downtown and surrounded by such high density. Along with better landscaping and park furniture/amenities, restoration of the fountain is a must. We could always use more great fountains downtown.

Yeah, I really hope they put it a lot of effort in revitalizing the interior park. Has potential to be a really popular public space, being located in a very central downtown and surrounded by such high density. Along with better landscaping and park furniture/amenities, restoration of the fountain is a must. We could always use more great fountains downtown.

By day it's a fairly popular space in the spring, summer and fall, it's not uncommon to find all the benches in use. I completely agree with the above and as Tulse said a page back (and as I suggested much earlier in the thread) re-grade and green much of the concrete area down at the plaza entrance level and integrate it in with the park with a slope as opposed to concrete walls.

It'd be neat to get a shot of this entire are before all the College Park developments over the last 5ish years--say, from Yonge and Gerrard looking north/west. Complete transformation.

It'd be neat to get a shot of this entire are before all the College Park developments over the last 5ish years--say, from Yonge and Gerrard looking north/west. Complete transformation.

Post ROCP but pre Aura

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=yonge+and+gerrard&hl=en&ll=43.65862,-79.381446&spn=0.004479,0.010568&sll=43.659087,-79.382093&layer=c&cbp=13,326.14,,0,5.85&cbll=43.659044,-79.382073&hnear=Yonge+St+%26+Gerrard+St+W,+Toronto,+Toronto+Division,+Ontario&t=h&z=17&panoid=mIMlSUSTDaMdNa4pd5R90Q

Oh yeah, I definitely remember that lot, as it was there forever. I was more referring to that + no ROCP. But yeah, thanks for the link anyways.

Back