The technical definition of residential is at least 85% residential. One57 is only 40% residential, from what I remember.

The technical definition of residential is at least 85% residential. One57 is only 40% residential, from what I remember.

Indeed, One57 will include a 210-room Park Hyatt hotel, which I suppose makes it more comparable to Living Shangri-La, Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton and Trump Toronto. Aura has retail, but no hotel.

Last edited:
From the Aura Webcam

Creeping skyward
NWYWv.jpg

As much as the materials and execution may be wanting, it's hard not to be impressed by the sheer mass of this thing.

As much as the materials and execution may be wanting, it's hard not to be impressed by the sheer mass of this thing.

My exact feelings. Although im very much looking forward to seeing the (im assuming curtainwall) cladding on the main tower portion

Nah, I see it too ! Seriously, I think it'll be better when tower portion is more distinguishable from the base.

My biggest concern is the white stone, or whatever it is, it looks like it may be a little overpowering.

Back