No signage? Absolutely nobody has asked for buildings with no signage. It's just the plastering of this one with it that is a bit confusing. There is absolutely np reason why you need so many signs (aka two a few metres from each other on the north side.) Just doesn't make sense.

Does anyone have a photo of the north sign showing these two signs beside each other? I haven't seen a photo showing this yet.

Does anyone have a photo of the north sign showing these two signs beside each other? I haven't seen a photo showing this yet.

This shows one of the signs on the north side... the other sign is outside of the frame of this image, but is closer to the park. You can also see in person where there is space for more signs above these two.

8081875701_013be40dcb_b.jpg

Definitely no drop ceiling in a department store. Have you ever seen a large store like that with a drop ceiling? Creates the most claustrophobic of spaces...

It's a real shame they didn't make this a higher end store at least. Is what it is though.
This sums up, I think, what people will ultimately say about Aura once it is finally done. Both fans and detractors alike will look at it, shrug, and say "well . . . it is what it is."

Have to say, the lighting used in the future stores at Aura are reminiscent of the blinding god awful fluorescent lights at the local Biway (remember that store? Yeah, I'm old) my mom use to shop at when I was a kid, not becoming of a building reputed as Aura, not at all, it cheapens what is suppose to be luxury, sigh.....

I'm not sure what people were expecting... mood lighting for buying sheets?

As for the signage, it is far less obnoxious than I was expecting... which is unfortunate, in my opinion.

Only on UT could one sign, plus another that is not even in the frame of the sample photo be called "plastering."

Only on UT could one sign, plus another that is not even in the frame of the sample photo be called "plastering."

Or in any architectural school or anywhere else that has good taste and an idea of what the role of signage and wayfinding is.

I'm not sure what people were expecting... mood lighting for buying sheets?

As for the signage, it is far less obnoxious than I was expecting... which is unfortunate, in my opinion.

I expect softer, not blinding, lighting. Mock me if you will, but lighting can play a huge role establishing the quality of the store, a store in the much hyped Aura is deserving of more then the same lighting as Walmart. Sometimes it's the little things hat can make the biggest difference, nuff' said.

Back