Starting to spot Aura from various surprising vantage points in the east end now. Here it is, dead centre of this alleyway off of Degrassi St., just a bit below Gerrard.

AuraAlleyway-Jan27-13.png

Has construction slowed down to a crawl? Seems like it's been at this height for 6 weeks.

My guess its the weather putting a damper on what they can do up there. And if its been as windy there as it has been here i don't doubt they are going slow... though we all wish for this thing to hurry up. Id rather them take precautions anyways even if I'm impatient watching it grow.

Today:

avcPKAQ.jpg

I might just have to edit and add a few more photos to this post...

spectacular! this shoulda been posted in this thread to showcase Aura! even though I don't think Aura looks that great from directly east/west (judging by the renders and model), it'll still have an amazing impact. (on the angles it looks great)

*on a side note, weird how Oxford Place will sit in this photo (if even visible at all) considering they will be so massive and prominent when viewed from different angles on the skyline lol

Last edited:
My guess its the weather putting a damper on what they can do up there. And if its been as windy there as it has been here i don't doubt they are going slow... though we all wish for this thing to hurry up. Id rather them take precautions anyways even if I'm impatient watching it grow.

The last time I've seen any movement at the top was my last post here about two weeks ago when they were moving forms up. The cold, wind and rain has slowed things down.

Not sure if this was already posted or not, but I guess those restaurants we saw the applications for on the ground level are going along Gerrard, because the rest of the Yonge Street retail windows have "RBC - Coming Soon" signage up behind them.

There's not much room on Gerard with the vehicle drop off, underground parking entrance and the retail entrance. Certainly not enough room for four restaurants. I assume at least one will face out to College Park. That'd be quite nice with a large patio.

Does anyone recognize that the office building besides Aura above is much superior in Quality and Aesthetics than Aura and most of the crap being put up lately?
I would have loved such building to be at the Southcore and 3 times the height.....

Does anyone recognize that the office building besides Aura above is much superior in Quality and Aesthetics than Aura and most of the crap being put up lately?
I would have loved such building to be at the Southcore and 3 times the height.....

Your referring to College Park, formally Eaton's College Street? If so, this was only about 1/4 completed and the highrise above scrapped when the depression came about - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Park_(Toronto)

Original vision - http://www.torontoghosts.org/index....-Private-Business/College-Park-The-Carlu.html

They sure don't build them like this anymore.

Doesn't every building look dated after a number of years? The Chrysler Building looks dated but still is beautiful!

Back