Today:

f0Tzs3F.jpg

If the retail space at Aura turns out to be dud, will this affect the value of the condo private residences?

If the retail space at Aura turns out to be dud, will this affect the value of the condo private residences?

If?! I can't see retail affecting the value of any of the apartments here, conversely, I think that the inevitable connection to PATH some day in the future will make the properties here only more desirable along with the two ROCP buildings on Bay St.

Glass is going into the middle section, visible on the north side ... its the dark blue glass that can be seen on the south side.

Its actually provides a really nice contrast from the rest of the building ...

What a horrible allocation of space on that Yonge St. picture. It is so embarrassing that there aren't wider sidewalks and bike lanes on Yonge.

As for Aura, I'm not digging it thus far but its redeeming shape and impact are yet to materialise.

Exactly. 2011. And the improvements listed there are still closer to fantasy than reality.

We would never sit around and watch for years if drivers were being inconvenienced to the extent that pedestrians and cyclists are on Yonge.

I'm well aware. But I'm just not that optimistic.

Celebrate Yonge data shows that retailers made a killing, people were happier, and traffic was dealt with appropriately.

The whole project is a complete no-brainer, and should have been under construction 5 years ago at least. That it has required test runs and all this bureaucracy is very silly, in my opinion. I understand it's normal for Toronto standards.

What a horrible allocation of space on that Yonge St. picture. It is so embarrassing that there aren't wider sidewalks and bike lanes on Yonge.

At least there's no wooden utility poles cluttering up the street. The reconstruction will happen eventually. Rome wasn't built in a day. Until then, enjoy the gritty chaos. It has its own tattered charm as it is.

Toronto politicians are afraid of taking even the tiniest risk, as they probably worry it might cost them votes. We always take half hearted measures and proceed with caution. I think it's quite silly for a city of our stature to always be afraid of taking bold steps but what can you do. Change scares many Torontonians, even though they live in the fastest changing city in the nation. (if not North America) If you hate change, why live in one of the fastest changing cities in the world? It makes no sense at all but it's a quirky contradiction of this city.

Last edited:

Back