I'm starting to get a little bit nervous about what the crown is going to look like. If they carry the dark glass the whole way up the crown will look heavy, but if they switch to a clear low-iron glass it's going to clash badly. I'd hate to see a transition like at One Wall Centre in Vancouver.

Aura has definitely nudged past the 200m mark. I think it's closer to 210m and appears to be 65 stories now.(it's hard to figure out since I'm not sure if the 56th floor terrace is actually the 57th floor due to no 13th floor, I'm assuming 56th is actually 57th)
Floor numbers do not matter when you're counting stories.

Laughs at not having a 13 th floor. Really this is A idiotic superstition. Especially to those of us who are intelligent, and can realize its just a number, and that we make our own luck! bad or good.

I cant get over how designers and architects are still doing this avoidance of a number to please only a select few morons who have useless fears.

Last edited:
Laughs at not having a 13 th floor. Really this is A idiotic superstition. Especially to those of us who are intelligent, and can realize its just a number, and that we make our own luck! bad or good.

I cant get over how designers and architects are still doing this avoidance of a number to please only a select few morons who have useless fears.

All true, and in areas with a high Chinese population, like my own building in Vancouver, they avoid using the number four. (That may be why 40 Scott St. became 88 Scott.) I understand it is because the symbol is similar to the symbol for death, though I may be wrong about that. The real reason that builders and purchasers avoid the numbers 13 or in my area 4 is both sale and resale value. If some potential purchasers are turned off by the number, even slightly, why risk the potential loss of even some customers when it is easy simply to play with the numbers. It is rational to take into account the possible preferences of even a minority of potential purchasers, odd though it may seem to self-avowedly intelligent people like yourself.

I think it's kinda cute. In this day and age when truth & facts have replaced many of the old superstitions and beliefs based on faith alone and what your parents told you, this is one that does no harm. It's a quirky tradition. Plus, there are those that still believe that 13 (and 4 if you're from China) are bad luck, and it really does have a negative effect on sales, even though it may be a minor one. My best buddy, who is from China, was a quite concerned when I bought a condo at 44 Gerrard E., particularly when there was a 4 in the apt.number too.

True enough! Who am I to say anyways. I apologize for insulting anyone, And or their beliefs BTW. I just find it a bit silly but I suppose I get it from the seller/buyers side in that context.

I think it's kinda cute. In this day and age when truth & facts have replaced many of the old superstitions and beliefs based on faith alone and what your parents told you, this is one that does no harm. It's a quirky tradition. Plus, there are those that still believe that 13 (and 4 if you're from China) are bad luck, and it really does have a negative effect on sales, even though it may be a minor one. My best buddy, who is from China, was a quite concerned when I bought a condo at 44 Gerrard E., particularly when there was a 4 in the apt.number too.

Agreed. There is nothing wrong with having these quirky beliefs that don`t hurt anyone. They make us human rather than rational robots.

True enough! Who am I to say anyways. I apologize for insulting anyone, And or their beliefs BTW. I just find it a bit silly but I suppose I get it from the seller/buyers side in that context.

There is no need to apologize. It's ridiculous to think irrational beliefs are cute, while rational people are like machines. The notion that numbers can bring good or bad luck is primitive thinking.

Well that's what happens when you have a person like thedeepend spending an inordinate amount of time documenting the construction of a building he doesn't even like.

You need some new material there Vegeta. i haven't posted a photo on this thread in almost a year. the only reason I’ve been posting here at all is because various Aura dead enders--i mean defenders--keep bringing me up.

Not sure why they are so obsessed with me. i guess its just typical shoot-the-messenger stuff by people who can't keep posting things like 'wow this beast really rocks!!!!', now that it is clear that Aura sucks--massively.

Anyway, as for taking photos of buildings I don’t like. So what if I do? I’m not a fanboy or a size geek--get over it.

Anyway, as for taking photos of buildings I don’t like. So what if I do? I’m not a fanboy or a size geek--get over it.

When I was much more active taking photos of projects around my area I never discriminated with photographing or posting more shots of buildings that I thought were "good" vs. "not-so-good", I do it so those who can't see what's happening first-hand can keep tabs here on what's happening with photographic updates. I think it's safe to say many of us do that for the same reason.

adc91382-e124-44f5-a3b5-11164be70360_zps55755bcc.jpg

8c684af3-3551-4ac5-8da9-faf0ceba4868_zps6865f026.jpg

a789fa7a-c372-43da-9257-1b805a8ce7f2_zpsaeb93272.jpg

There is no need to apologize. It's ridiculous to think irrational beliefs are cute, while rational people are like machines. The notion that numbers can bring good or bad luck is primitive thinking.

Hey, there's a little room for a bit of silliness in this world. It does not ALL have to be logical and factual.

You need some new material there Vegeta. i haven't posted a photo on this thread in almost a year. the only reason I’ve been posting here at all is because various Aura dead enders--i mean defenders--keep bringing me up.

Not sure why they are so obsessed with me. i guess its just typical shoot-the-messenger stuff by people who can't keep posting things like 'wow this beast really rocks!!!!', now that it is clear that Aura sucks--massively.

Please, don't act so innocent. Your derisive style of commenting eg. "dead-enders" (Really? Anymore childish comments you'd care to throw out there?) is obviously going to antagonize others and elicit a response.

As for your little hobby...
We already know you think Aura "sucks", but I'm sure it's not the only building that you feel that way about. And it's not the only building that other members have disapproved of. Yet I cannot recall another time on UT where someone has spend as much time and effort documenting a building(that they don't like). Quite frankly it's obsessive compulsive behavior. Does it really mean that much to you to influence others to share your opinion? Or are you just trying to validate your own?

As for Aura, it's certainly hasn't meet my expectations for it but I don't think it's a disaster. It's just one of many flawed skyscrapers being built in this city.

There, opinion stated and done. Did that look difficult to you? I'm certainly not implying that all discourse must be so short. But 88 posts worth of magnified pictures followed by endless arguments with the "fanboys"
and "dead enders", as you call them, is neither enlightening nor productive.

Back