Slowly but surely, more people are admitting that this tower isn't as bad as they were all predicting. I'm pretty sure the general public likes this building but I guess we'll have to wait for next years Pug Awards, to see how popular it is. I'm sure it will become a Toronto icon and you'll see pictures of it in every tourism guide. (and Youtube vacation vids)

The Pugs have been discontinued.

The Pugs have been discontinued.

Really ? Why ? I thought it had a lot of traction with the public.

UT should consider carrying it on ?

No to mention the way people vote for the Pugs, Aura would perform very poorly.* No question there. A nice crown or light feature does not good architecture or a popular/attractive building make.

*If you disagree, take a look at other years' rankings.

Slowly but surely, more people are admitting that this tower isn't as bad as they were all predicting. I'm pretty sure the general public likes this building but I guess we'll have to wait for next years Pug Awards, to see how popular it is. I'm sure it will become a Toronto icon and you'll see pictures of it in every tourism guide. (and Youtube vacation vids)

"I'm pretty sure the general public likes this building".

Wow, powerful evidence there, man. Sign me up for the design-build Kool-Aid.

Aura has grown on me now as well after seeing it on a regular basis. It looks better from certain directions than it does from others, but on the whole it's ok in the skyline. It could easily have been a lot better, but it's not the abomination that a lot of people online are making it out to be.

Aura has grown on me now as well after seeing it on a regular basis. It looks better from certain directions than it does from others, but on the whole it's ok in the skyline. It could easily have been a lot better, but it's not the abomination that a lot of people online are making it out to be.

+1

This is from the last time they were testing the lighting, forgot I had taken some shots

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 1,930
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 1,954

Back