I ventured to the IKEA. I had a cinnamon bun with coffee and ventured down to the dungeon.... err basement.

The IKEA pickup is located right by the elevators. As I walked passed the staff eyed me, because they figure no one goes to the basement and that I must be going to see them.
The mall remains dead except I saw a hair salon open. The food course actually did have about 3 units open. I had a decent dinner at the chicken place and was the only one eating in the food court. You'd think all the tables would be clean with no one eating there but no!!

A steady stream of food couriers are keeping those restaurants in business. I saw a side by side Hungry Panda feeding. IMG_20220529_204533.jpg

A steady stream of food couriers are keeping those restaurants in business. I saw a side by side Hungry Panda feeding.

That's interesting in itself. There aren't many cheap ghost kitchen sites in downtown Toronto that are easily accessible by couriers.

Is there a way to access Ikea from north of the building (e.g. the park) or is it only from Gerard Street?
Not sure I am being helpful here...but if you access the entrance you know about, then ask this of staff member, they maybe better to tell you. And least you'll know for the future either way.

...and no, I don't know...but least this question gives me incentive to go and find out for myself. It's been a long while since I was around there. 😺

"The Swedish Deli" in Ikea used to open at 7 or 8 IIRC. Now it opens at 10 like rest of the store, which is past breakfast time. It feels like they have had trouble operating the cafe, with menu items frequently out of stock, coffee machine broken, fridges out of order etc.

"The Swedish Deli" in Ikea used to open at 7 or 8 IIRC. Now it opens at 10 like rest of the store, which is past breakfast time. It feels like they have had trouble operating the cafe, with menu items frequently out of stock, coffee machine broken, fridges out of order etc.

Honestly I never thought of Ikea as a breakfast spot.

Lunch and dinner yes but never breakfast.

I recall a few times where I downed a dozen 25 cent hot dogs.

Probably cost them extra to post a security guard there as well - to keep people from wandering into the store proper outside operating hours. Having been there a few times in the morning, I am not sure if they have the traffic to break even.

AoD

This location is not like their other locations, with many condo/apartment towers, office towers, hospitals, a university all within steps. There is chance to achieve something different here.

Another thing that they need to improve is the little rooms/product displays. They always seem to be in a disarray. You got kitchen cabinets with a sticker on that says "open and discover" - you open them and it's just a bunch of loose items lying around.

Back