Yes, they certainly are:

DSC04105.jpg

Attachments

• DSC04105.jpg
    DSC04105.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 731
A friend just informed me it's on after 10 pm tonight. Perhaps the 'aura' for which our tallest condo is named may be on nightly now? Here's hoping.

They aren't on permanently yet, but it is getting close. I don't know what the standard on/off times will be, but the announcement is only a couple weeks away now!

Am I the only one here who finds this lighting a tad too harsh and sterile? I get an excellent view from my balcony and when lit, its's just so bright. It somehow needs more warmth or some dynamic aspect to it rather than just being static lines. Just me.

Am I the only one here who finds this lighting a tad too harsh and sterile? I get an excellent view from my balcony and when lit, its's just so bright. It somehow needs more warmth or some dynamic aspect to it rather than just being static lines. Just me.

Though I don't mind how it currently is, as I mentioned in a previous post of mine, fading the light from bottom to top with varying levels of brightness would help dissipate the harshness of the abrupt lighting (the lighting beams are already staggered but the brightness is constant throughout). I'm not sure with Aura, but many LED's can be programmed to emit an array of colours, hues, and can be synchronized to a light-show patterns; like the CN tower. Changing the colours and mimicking the pattern of the Northern Lights/Aurora Borealis would be pretty cool I think.

I guarantee everyone that the NIMBY's are going to ruin the lighting feature on Aura at some point in the future. Once more stretches along Yonge get developed for other tall condos, those that move in will start complaining that the lighting feature is "blinding them in their own rooms". In 5-10 years just watch the the complaints start flooding in. Then the news outlets will start covering the story, there probably will be protests, and the lights will either be dimmed or turned off completely as a result.

Back