Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. The height is softening it a bit. Anyone have a floor count right now? It looks like we're almost there, as thing is tall...it's huge in the area, really.

They're now working on the 64th level (this is the 65th floor due to no 13th floor). Hard to believe, but 14 more residential levels + 5 mechanical to go. This building will look TALL...

Yes there is still over 180ft of height to go in this baby. It will look like a monster. And I gotta say to MidTowner.... incredible pics. Aura is looking awesome in all angles, the height is taking over now and acts as a distraction from the uneven floor heights. I can just imagine what it will look like in another four months once it's topped out.

img2476pj.jpg

While I agree the window wall is quite crappy, the curtainwall is certianly making up for it. I am slowly refining my final opinion on this building, and it is currently looking like a B-. If the roof is handled well, maybe a B.

Can't decide which is uglier, Aura or Trump.

Aura isn't complete, so they could still do something to really screw up the tower (ie. ugly rooftop feature) and the uneven balconies are a real eyesore but I'm still gonna say that Trump is uglier.

Really?! I find Aura way uglier than Trump. At least the latter has an interesting colour, isn't completely covered in glass, goes right up to the sidewalk rather than the podium style of Aura, and is (concomitantly) largely hidden by neighbouring buildings and thus doesn't have nearly as conspicuous a presence of banality.

Great update today Drum 118 (and on all the other construction sites). Thanks.

Yes, Aura is the better building. Although far from perfect.

The spandrel on the lower levels is a total disaster, as the French Would Say: Disaster Total

Back