I would ask them about the retail portions. Did they really expect people to pay multi-millions for a penthouse condo in a building that has such a cheap and unattractive retail area in its podium? What the heck were they thinking with that basement mall? Will the roof have night time lighting? I really think the roof will make or break this tower. If it's done in a cheap and awkward way, it's a write off.

+1 on the roof/architectural lighting question. I would really like to know if that's going to be incorporated. Would also appreciate if they could tell us how many floors worth of mechanical-roof will be going up/how many meters of mechanical/roof.

10611106265_cd868b10d2_z.jpg

Where was this taken?

Love that first picture Steveve. The north elevation is actually my favourite, due to the fewer visible balconies. I also feel that when the curtain wall band reaches all the way from the base to the upper section, the whole thing will tie together nicely, and detract from some of the more questionable features.

Looks like Mt. Pleasant Road, a bit south of St. Clair.

Yep - just north of the Rosehill pumping station (the building on the right)

Our first tease from today's tour is up on the front page now. It's getting near time to kick off for the weekend, so you'll have to wait for the answer to all your questions on Monday.

Cheers!

Simply amazing ^ I'm guessing that was taken on one of the floors in the narrow gap between the curved portion and the setback. Can't wait to see more!

Nice views, but the building itself looks terrible. I wouldn't want to have spent money on such shoddy workmanship and design.

We have photos of Hard Candy, but can't post them until we get permission.

Very impressed and the best gym I have been in since I stated going to one.

There are other areas we could not take pictures of.

The wind was screaming down the elevator shaft since the roof is not on as well no air balance system working until the roof is on.

The last of floor 79 is supposed to be pour Nov 12 subject to weather. Concrete pump to come down in January.

Next wave of owners is in Feb.

You needed a chin strap to hold your hard hat on as well holding on to something at times.

It will be a few decades before people start loosing their current views.

Needed more time to get the shots I wanted as well a better day.

The Red Tavern is impressed also.
10628323783_ebdc0d9fd2_b.jpg

10628325813_d6efe6751e_b.jpg

10628332383_9fd215db4e_b.jpg

Went to REDS last night! Was highly impressed by the food and service! Talking to some friends while having dinner, we were saying years ago - who would have said we'd be having dinner at Yonge/Gerrard? The past year at this corner has been amazing.

Back