Nope, I hadn't found it that tiring yet... but I did in the post right after yours. Enough Valkster.

The Perfect Name (5 The Esplanade Condo)

YONGE DIAMOND TOWER

This post is regarding the contest to name the new condo being built on the corner of Esplanade and Yonge. The project brief says it all: "Architecture: 36-storey, GLASS point tower with artistic design cues; 4-storey PODIUM with residential conveniences"

"The windows of the condo are made out of glass. Put the glass on a different level. Give it a reason to stand on this podium. Turn a residence into something more... Something that stands out, something that everybody looks at and wants: A Diamond."​

I believe this name outlines the essence of the hidden gem that is the Esplanade community. This name is a perfect opportunity for the Esplanade to be on a new level of modern. Cast your vote today and pick the right name for this new, up and coming condo!

I'm still partial to "UNION HEIGHTS" - now ranked at 75 and on page 4 of the entries. GO "UNION HEIGHTS"!! :)

When does this contest end and the winning name chosen after that? I want to mark that date in my calendar when it may be ok to visit this thread again.

GARRY VALK PLAZA?!? Yes, this is amazing.
(wasn't aware of the previous spamming before. But still, the name is hilarious)

Last edited:
I reject the notion of spamming, I just explained what it meant, lots of other people did the same thing.

And while I think it is obviously an awesome name, the bearcat one is pretty funny if you're familiar with David Wilcox.

When does this contest end and the winning name chosen after that? I want to mark that date in my calendar when it may be ok to visit this thread again.

Amen to that... it was kind of entertaining at first but now its just annoying. lets be done with it already...

I just submitted 15% OFF CONDOS because selling presales has become difficult in a tanking market. So as I (and others) believe prices will correct by 15%, I decided--following those successful in-your-face condo names like "Upside Down Condo" and "Sell off Condo"--to submit a named based on value for your money. Vote for it if you like it! Thanks.

Back