Easy there, internet forums are poor places to discharge built up aggression, especially since it's so easy to base it on a misinterpretation:

I was 'yawning' at the slow progress, which suggests that I'm interested in the project and would like to see it move along, and hence that I appreciate the update.

Pic taken Oct 13, 2012

y2Le1.jpg

What's going to happen with the abandoned excess width of the bridge after this is done?
Apparently there will be pedestrian access, connected to PATH, over it and descending to street level east of Yonge inside Backstage. Not sure if this will all occur with opening of Backstage or later.

Either they are at the bottom, or they needed to flatten the ground for some reason:

6e3fk.jpg

QLyzZ.jpg

They ARE at the bottom and in about 10 days the construction fence for L-Tower will move closer to the L-Tower and a new fence will go up for Backstage (on current sidewalk) that will allow trucks close to the site. The one lane of trafficon The Esplanade will thus be moved a few yards further north.

They ARE at the bottom and in about 10 days the construction fence for L-Tower will move closer to the L-Tower and a new fence will go up for Backstage (on current sidewalk) that will allow trucks close to the site. The one lane of trafficon The Esplanade will thus be moved a few yards further north.

Has anyone been able to get a peek of the tunnel? I've tried a couple times to get at an angle at taking a pic of the north excavation wall buts its extremely difficult. I'm sure there must be a tunnel opening there somewhere.

Has anyone been able to get a peek of the tunnel? I've tried a couple times to get at an angle at taking a pic of the north excavation wall buts its extremely difficult. I'm sure there must be a tunnel opening there somewhere.

There was a photo in the L-Tower thread a few pages ago that might have been the tunnel.

I haven't been by this site for a long time. Does anyone know whether the crane is up?

What Castlepoint, Cityzen, Fernbrook giveth (L Tower), Castlepoint, Cityzen, Fernbrook taketh away (Backstage).

Last edited:
Backstage will actually be a pleasant surprise. As the old saying goes, "Don't judge a book by its cover..."

Back