Interesting, can you expand on why you don't think this tower will age well? Examples would be awesome.
The windows feel cheap to me and I think they'll deteriorate quickly. As well, I don't like the long white stripe and then short white stripe design, it's very repetitive. I think the limestone finish on the podium is great, but I would've gone for more glass to better contrast the lightness of the limestone.

The paving has now been re-levelled, although it's hardly a prefect job. The whole podium still looks like it needs a good clean.

The paving has now been re-levelled, although it's hardly a prefect job. The whole podium still looks like it needs a good clean.
Yes, the initial attempt looked as though it had been installed by people who had never seen paving before. Now it looks as though they have seen photos of some!

They probably will not do a proper clean until the building is complete (yes these guys still hasn't finished their job yet, some of the amenities and the gallery area is still under construction)

Pics taken Dec 8, 2018

Y5wTKMm.jpg

vXRoawW.jpg

Boi2h1a.jpg

This building has long been finished and occupied. Can anyone tell me why they applied for (and received) a permit to take water? See: https://ero.ontario.ca/notice/019-1008#proponent(s)

Toronto Standard Condominium Corporation No. 2588- Permit to take water​

Instrument type: Permit to take water
ERO number
019-1008
Ministry reference number
2003-BJ4JSQ
Notice type
Instrument
Act
Ontario Water Resources Act, R.S.O. 1990
Posted by
Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
Notice stage
Proposal
Proposal posted
December 11, 2019
Comment period
December 11, 2019 - January 10, 2020 (30 days) Closed
Last updated
December 11, 2019

Walking past Backstage today I noticed that they failed a Fire Inspection in January and since January 7 have had to maintain a fire watch 24/7. Clearly the problem (with smoke detectors and/or sprinklers) is clearly serious as it has still not been fixed and maintaining a 24-hour Fire Watch is not cheap. I hope the developer or Tarion are still involved as the owners will hardly have planned for this and fire systems should not have failed so soon.

Walking past Backstage today I noticed that they failed a Fire Inspection in January and since January 7 have had to maintain a fire watch 24/7. Clearly the problem (with smoke detectors and/or sprinklers) is clearly serious as it has still not been fixed and maintaining a 24-hour Fire Watch is not cheap. I hope the developer or Tarion are still involved as the owners will hardly have planned for this and fire systems should not have failed so soon.
My family and I own 2 penthouse units in this building and this is really upsetting! The property manager is good though and is working to get this resolved quickly.

This building has long been finished and occupied. Can anyone tell me why they applied for (and received) a permit to take water? See: https://ero.ontario.ca/notice/019-1008#proponent(s)

Toronto Standard Condominium Corporation No. 2588- Permit to take water​

Instrument type: Permit to take water
ERO number
019-1008
Ministry reference number
2003-BJ4JSQ
Notice type
Instrument
Act
Ontario Water Resources Act, R.S.O. 1990
Posted by
Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
Notice stage
Proposal
Proposal posted
December 11, 2019
Comment period
December 11, 2019 - January 10, 2020 (30 days) Closed
Last updated
December 11, 2019

Can do:

1613746865754.png

As an owner in this building, I would love to find plans on how the bridge/PATH connection to CIBC Phase II is going work and look. Anyone have this info?

As an owner in this building, I would love to find plans on how the bridge/PATH connection to CIBC Phase II is going work and look. Anyone have this info?
This was posted in the CIBC thread.

Some new renderings (from Architectural Plans)

View attachment 157866

Interesting mid-block connection to the park. Details of bridge to Union Station:

View attachment 157867

View attachment 157868

And to Backstage:

View attachment 157869

View attachment 157870

Lower floors details:

View attachment 157871

View attachment 157872

View attachment 157873
(Hines/WilkinsonEyre)

And from the HIS by ERA:

View attachment 157875