Aroma has been there for a while. I suspect it isn’t very busy because passengers can get free coffee/tea/snacks in the aporter lounge, but yes if it were spruced up, it would be quite a nice spot, even if you weren’t flying anywhere.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/can...-plans-to-honour-irish-potato-famine-victims/

I'm guessing this is the building in question

76BeDWG.jpg

this was passed at City council yesterday - http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2018.GM28.32

I would still love a one-of-a-kind museum where they can really take advantage of the building and all of the complexities involved.

Canadian music and media?
Space and aviation?
Brewing and distilling?
Street art?
Culinary arts? (Imagine howninteractive that would be)

Put In a Restaraunt and event space with a viewing deck up top.

5 EIREANN QUAY

Site Plan Control Application to permit planned changes to the Canada Malting Silos and surrounding open space improvements, access and transportation network improvements. The key element of the proposal is the installation of canopies along Eireann Quay and the Taxi Corral areas which will assist with weather protection of its arriving and departing passengers.

I hate to add to the constant whine that seems to emanate from UrbanToronto at times, but does anyone else find this plan to be as disappointing as me? First, I just can't believe a surface parking lot would be proposed in 2019. I'm sure there are those who think it is necessary because of the airport, but I just can't help but feel it is wrong. Take transit or a cab. Second, the surface space is far too pavement-centric. What is the expanse supposed to be used for? Will there be programming? Why isn't there more greenery/landscaping/trees? It just strikes me as a fairly banal project with a lack of imagination. Now, if the Silos were to become a world-class venue of some kind, I could potentially forgive it, but as it stands now it seems to me that it will essentially be a sea of grey pavings/parking lot mirrored by a sky of grey concrete.

Back