A few minutes ago:
IMG_5937.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5937.jpg
    IMG_5937.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,165
I hate that mismatched window on Scotia Plaza. I notice it in every photo.
I know, I know. I have considered cloning it out every time I get a shot of it into Photoshop, but I don't want to give anyone false hopes that it has been replaced.

I've noticed that along with the interior renovations, Scotia Plaza has ditched its very 80s interlocked square design, for one that looks like the very 80s Daniel Hechter logo with an additional line and rotated 90 degrees.

Unfortunately the faded ground level superstructure is getting a bit unbecoming - it's in need of a lick of paint like TD Centre. I suppose the proposal to fil lin the recessed podium is dead at this point?

AoD

Scotia has changed their logo?

To clarify, not Scotiabank the bank, but the Scotia Plaza.

They've also made a few changes on the PATH level – a couple of corners of the concourse no longer have the red granite, but are stark white and blindingly well-lit. I very much dislike it.

It makes sense considering the bank doesn't own the building anymore.

AFAIK the Scotia Logo is staying put. But the building has ditched this old logo http://www.smartcommute.ca/toronto-central/businesses-partners/scotia-plaza-100-yonge-street/.

Similarly, First Canadian Place ditched its original logo, which was the plan of the building (it was woven into the original lobby carpeting that was taken out in the 90s, for the current once based on the elevation of the builiding.

They've also made a few changes on the PATH level – a couple of corners of the concourse no longer have the red granite, but are stark white and blindingly well-lit. I very much dislike it.

Agreed. They really wanted to ape the Apple Store aesthetic, but couldn't be bothered to make the spaces fit within their context. I hate when well designed building interiors, constructed with quality materials, get gradually ripped apart as landlords rush to replace features with poorer-quality "improvements" based on the design look of the moment.

Agreed. They really wanted to ape the Apple Store aesthetic, but couldn't be bothered to make the spaces fit within their context. I hate when well designed building interiors, constructed with quality materials, get gradually ripped apart as landlords rush to replace features with poorer-quality "improvements" based on the design look of the moment.

I agree, I work in Bay Adelaide west, and walking through Scotia plaza path sometimes I think, why would they ruin a nice space? It just doesn't fit within the existing theme. I also agree the new Bay Adelaide building would have looked better with the cut in corners, but i suppose then they would be exactly clones (minus the facade built into Bay Adelaide West).

btw to explain what's going on, Scotia place will soon be only 75% occupied, a lot of firms are moving out to the various new building, as a result they need to compete and hence the renovations.

btw to explain what's going on, Scotia place will soon be only 75% occupied, a lot of firms are moving out to the various new building, as a result they need to compete and hence the renovations.

Hopefully the renovation will eventually extend to their dungeon-like food court, which looks increasingly cheapo compared to TD Centre and FCP. The lack of any additional food court space at BAC will bring even more traffic, I am sure. A renovation might also put an end to such incidents as mice falling from the ceiling on your tray while you are having lunch.

Back