thedeepend:

That's David Child's (SOM) WTC7 - more exacting than BA1. Incidentally, the firm can be considered as an international version of KPMB - competent, conservative, corporate - just look at saga over WTC1 and the furor over the design and of late, cheapening.

AoD

thank you for the info! i will dig into the backstory you've cited.

Not quite similar - you can't offset trash - they stick out like a sore thumb in their own right.

AoD

Yes, personality sticks out. It's ok. When the overwhelming stock of buildings are polite and square (literally and figuratively) it's ok for a Trump to come along... just not too many of them please!!

So back to the thread topic:
Am i correct to assume the excavation and foundation stages of the project were already completed?

Am i correct to assume the excavation and foundation stages of the project were already completed?

er, in what way is a discussion about the quality of the architecture of the building outside of the thread topic?--since this is a forum about um, architecture.
personally i could care less about issues relating to excavations and foundations. rather dull issues imo.

Last i checked this was a construction forum. And for the record my back to the thread topic comment was because i had something to ask about the "project" and it's imminent "construction" (thus the forum title) and many of the posts beforehand were photos and comments about architectural merits of other buildings in other cities: not that i have a problem with that i just had a question that i thought was a bit more directly related to the thread.
Your knee-jerk hostility is puzzling albeit amusing.

Last i checked this was a construction forum. And for the record my back to the thread topic comment was because i had something to ask about the "project" and it's imminent "construction" (thus the forum title) and many of the posts beforehand were photos and comments about architectural merits of other buildings in other cities: not that i have a problem with that i just had a question that i thought was a bit more directly related to the thread.
Your knee-jerk hostility is puzzling albeit amusing.

oh. ok.
i always find it somewhat rude when forumers unilaterally decide its time to get "back" on topic. for me, the peregrinating, slightly off-point discussions are what makes good forums, good.
on the nose, inside baseball Q and A's about "projects and construction" have their place, as do discussions about design and aesthetics. i don't think one should be privileged over the other.

i always find it somewhat rude when forumers unilaterally decide its time to get "back" on topic. for me, the peregrinating, slightly off-point discussions are what makes good forums, good.

I will agree that those conversations make the forum more interesting. On the other hand, the thing that makes this forum LESS interesting is having your question (which actually pertains directly to the topic) dismissed as "boring and dull".

If you genuinely consider:
to be as rude as:
er, in what way is a discussion about the quality of the architecture of the building outside of the thread topic?--since this is a forum about um, architecture.
personally i could care less about issues relating to excavations and foundations. rather dull issues imo.

then there isn't much point continuing this discussion

All further arguments can be via private message. These forumers arent here to see me and deepend bicker

Last edited:
I will agree that those conversations make the forum more interesting. On the other hand, the thing that makes this forum LESS interesting is having your question (which actually pertains directly to the topic) dismissed as "boring and dull".

If you genuinely consider:

to be as rude as:

then there isn't much point continuing this discussion

All further arguments can be via private message. These forumers arent here to see me and deepend bicker

Ok, good answer. you're right. Sorry for the harsh tone.

Regarding South Of Temperance and the possibly the start of construction, the co-ower of SoT says this:

According to Tom Altosaar, a co-owner of the restaurant, the establishment has been given a notice to evict by the end of October. Still, he stresses that this isn't the end of the line for South of Temperance.

“We are looking to relocate the brand in the neighbourhood,” he says. “We are hoping to be able to move, with a very short hiatus.”

From: http://www.postcity.com/Eat-Shop-Do...ting-evicted-to-make-way-for-an-office-tower/

Five years will be ten to fifteen years. It's a moot point as I have my doubts it will take even a fraction that long to break ground. At the very least, the constructors will no doubt take advantage of the BAC-3 site for staging.

Five years will be ten to fifteen years. It's a moot point as I have my doubts it will take even a fraction that long to break ground. At the very least, the constructors will no doubt take advantage of the BAC-3 site for staging.

Looks to me like BAC-3...

40 TEMPERANCE ST
Site Plan Approval 12 210516 STE 28 SA Ward 28
- Tor & E.York Jul 12, 2012 --- --- --- Meistrich, Allison
(416) 392-7363
Site Plan approval a nine storey podium building adjacent to the Bay-Adelaide Centre (NORTH TOWER).Total Building Height 32 stories 900m2 retail at grade with PATH Link Below - 4 storey underground parking garage 227 Parking spaces for north tower.- Proposal includes non residentail uses for commercial/retail and office purposes

Total Building Height 32 stories

Alright everyone, It's just like the drill. we just need to find our cyanide capsules and say goodbye to loved ones.

Edit* just read it again....North Tower?????? so this is on the north side of temperance???? New thread???

Last edited:
40 Temperance would have to be on the north side. I wonder why they're mentioning a podium building tho. Maybe they're just planning to do the podium now to provide services for the rest of the development, and then they'll build the tower sometime in the future?

Back