Oh, alright. So it's the same phase as the southern building. Hopefully a tenant is secured for both, then, as I think this cluster is a great addition to the core--even though I'm not crazy about the architecture itself.

Actually, both should be going up together.

Why do you say that, Maestro? There's no public indication from Brookfield that that's the case.

Notices are up on the buildings at the corner of Yonge & Adelaide and on the plus sized gal shoppe that they are to be replaced with a 6 story building. It looks like the building where CathPac has its storefront will remain.

Notices are up on the buildings at the corner of Yonge & Adelaide and on the plus sized gal shoppe that they are to be replaced with a 6 story building. It looks like the building where CathPac has its storefront will remain.

For every Dineen Building restoration there are - what? - 5 or 6 of these travesties in Toronto.

Info at tobuilt: http://www.tobuilt.ca/php/tobuildings_more.php?search_fd3=3489

Image courtesy thecharioteer:

Toronto_Holt_Renfrew_advertisement.jpg

The weird thing is: wasn't the old Holt Renfrew building sort-of "restored" about 20 years ago? (Or at least it had some kind of conscientious landlordship)

There go the views of Scotia Plaza from the north. I wish nothing tall would be built in its immediate area.

Awesome, thanks for that. But what's the red (pre-leasing) building right beside the (soon-to-be old) Intercontinental on Front and Simcoe?

Back